main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Sure Signal V3 link dead on site

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I've been trying to buy a SS V3 since before Christmas and when I try to buy it on line from Vodafone I just get a series of question marks underneath the button. I have been in to the shops - Manchester, Birmingham and Norwich and they were all sold out and none of the staff knew when any might come in. Can you throw any light on why I can't buy a SS on line?

Pete

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

Hi Pete,

You can't buy one online because, like the shops, they don't have any! Hence the question marks 

Further info here..... 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Any-news-on-Sure-Signal-stock/m-p/1397892#M34988     

From post #3 onwards.

Regards,

Mike. 

View solution in original position

View more options
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

Hi Pete,

You can't buy one online because, like the shops, they don't have any! Hence the question marks 

Further info here..... 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Any-news-on-Sure-Signal-stock/m-p/1397892#M34988     

From post #3 onwards.

Regards,

Mike. 

View solution in original position

View more options
Highlighted

Many thanks Mike, at least I now know the reason. Like other Posters I found the shops had zero information as to why they had none and they suggested I go on line.

Pete

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Now nearly a month on since the original post and still no indication from Vodafone as to when Sure Signal boxes will be available. I like many posters have been looking for one for months. I am simple at a loss to understand how a communications company can communicate, or not, like this. We aren't asking you to navigate back from the dark side of the moon aboard Apollo 13, just tell us if you have a container of these on their way from China and, if you do, when it is going to dock. One gets more feedback from Fred in Shed Kickstarter projects!

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @philipjknight 

Welcome to the eForum.

You can keep your eye out here: http://vdfn.co/vss for when our Sure Signals are available.

If you need further information, our Live help team’s available.

Thanks,

Sarah

View more options
Highlighted

Your reply does not address the questions of 1. Why the Sure Signals have been 'out of stock' for nearly 3 months; or 2. When they will be in stock. In case it has escaped Vodafone's collective consciousness, it is your poor signal coverage that I am trying to address by spending more money with you and thus locking myself into Vodafone. Honestly, what is the point of asinine responses such as the one you gave? You'd gain more credibility by just saying 'I know it's rubbish, but we really just don't care'. Oh and for the record I have tried the Live Help team and they were as helpful as you. (By the way I am not having a go at you personally, just the Vodafone corporate Sarah).

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @philipjknight,

We can't give any further details. There should now be stock available if you call 191 or visit a local store. The website is an separate issue and does not relate to any stock issue.

Thanks,

Matt

View more options
Highlighted

Tried 191 and quite apart from the fact that the options on this number did not include anything even vaguely related to sales of sure signal boxes (e.g.press this to by accessories), although I was quite amused that one option was if I was considering to leaving vodafone. I got bounced to three people, at least one of which wasn't in the UK, ending up in sunny Belfast. Not only could nobody sell me one, nobody could even tell me if they were in stoc or when they might be in stock. One person suggest I try the website. Unbelievable. You could hardly make it up.You might as well have suggested that I stick a carrot in my ear, sing the National Anthem and make a wish that a Sure Signal box appear in my lap.

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @philipjknight 

The team on option 1 then option 3 are the ones who can place orders (stock willing).

Alternatively, I've sent some email instructions to your Private Message inbox.

We aim to reply to most emails within 48 hours. 

Thanks,

Ben

View more options
Highlighted

I've just been and telephoned 191 and got whatever part of the world the call centre is. Guess what, I got told I can't buy one over the phone I have to go on line or go into the shop. Having been on hold for 25+ minutes just to get to that point I insisted I was put through to someone in the UK. After 5 minutes if insisting I want to speak to someone in the UK I was put through to Customer Services in the UK (yee hah). Guess what I was told - "you have to go on line Sir" so I explained all over again that the "add to basket" button does nothing and that the shops have none and the tech team are telling us to dial 191 aaaaaaagggghhhhhhh. Let me check that for you  - on hold for another God knows how long and guess what - I got cut off. Vodafone you are letting your customers down. That's a total of 46 minutes I've spent trying to buy a product only for you to cut me off. Please can you put one of the senior management email addresses on here so that we can make proper complaints to someone  who is answerable to the bosses.

View more options
Highlighted

After my previous post I decided to escalate the issue and searched for the Vodafone UK CEO. Happily you can actually email him. I have asked for his assistance in getting this mess sorted out. A reply email informed me that one of his Team will contact me within 24 hours. I post his emailaddress so that anyone else can ask for his help.

AskJeroen@help.vodafone.co.uk 

View more options
Highlighted

Good luck. I got a call from a customer services. Turned out to be the unbiquitous overseas call centre. (as a side note I suspect that all the so called experts on this forum area also based overseas and that the photos and names are mere avatars). They trotted out the same rubbish about checking the website and local store stock. When I expressed polite frustration at this they were so rude to me that I have raised another complaint about that treatment. I do hope they record the calls like they say they do. I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that this is a deliberate tactic (the lack of Sure Signal boxes, rather than the non-existent 'customer service'. I can't for a nano second imagine that any public facing corporate would deliberately treat customers like they do, deliberately). Their network is overwhelmed (I have heard rumours of problems with the 4G upgrade) and they need to keep the call volumes down. It won't help their problems if they give people who can't currently access teh ntework, access to the network. This would also be consistent with my experience of poor signal coverage throughout the UK. Only way to get a Sure Signal box seems Ebay. Now if you could just avoid bidding on the one I am bidding on...............

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

Unfortunately the Sure Signal we had in stock on 191 have now sold out.

The web store issue has been raised separately in the meantime. Apologies to those still waiting to order a device.

My team are unable to assist on cases that have been escalated above our position, so emails to the CEO won't come to us here.

For more about my department, please visit the 'Meet the team' page.

Thanks,

Ben

View more options
Highlighted

At last this sorry tale seems to be at an end. I got a call from a very nice man who could not have been more helpful. Not only was he sorry that I had so many problems, but he found 4 VSS lurking around the stores somewhere and is sending me the two I need. Sods law though, I read through some of the other forums about faults on VSS 1 and it was the power supply that was causing mine to play up. I've since replaced the power supply and my VSS is working fine again. So my advice to all - try a new power supply (you must have one lying around in a draw somewhere if you'rs a hoarder like me) or EMAIL THE CEO and someone might just help you as they did me.

View more options