Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v1 not working aymore

malcolmx187
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I was using my SS V1 in 2011 without any issues until 2012. I then moved to another network and came back to Vodafone in Feb 2014, but could not get it to work. Since then I have spoken numerous times to the tech team who tried to reset the device from their side every time, which has been unsuccessful.

The first light stays on, but the second one blinking. I sometimes witness he first and second light being steady, but fourth light blinking.

I also noticed that it sometimes resets itself (lights start blinking in sequential order).

I have reset the device multiple times as per steps given on your forum, deregistered and registered it again against my account and have set up the port forwarding on router, but all to no avail.

Network connection in the back is fine (steady green light, blinking orange light).

I have been reading on other forums that my device might not have the latest firmware anymore which could resolve the issue. Can you please push it out to my one?

the SN is 21231103470

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cineriv
16: Advanced member

Hi Malcolm,

Looking at your symptoms, it could be possible that your power supply is failing. Don't be mislead by the 1st (power) led showing as normal.

Have a look at the first post for more information ...........

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/SureSignal-1-flashing-but-not-working-possible-f...

If you require a new power supply, they are readily available on Amazon or Ebay and cost around £10 or less.

Many V1 Sure Signals have failed for this reason already this year.

Good luck.

Mike.

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

cineriv

Difficult to check the positive lead without something like a D.C. voltmeter or multimeter.

I'm gonna send you a PM.

Regards,

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for all your help efforts. My SS is working again after replacing the power supply!!!

Thanks so much!!!

cineriv

That's great news Malcolm.  :smileyhappy:

But it does serve as a warning to anybody that buys a power supply from the internet.

Some suppliers don't seem to know the difference between  a 5.5 x 2.5mm and a 5.5 x 2.1 connector.

5.5 mm is the external diameter of the barrel and 2.5mm is the diameter of the centre hole where the positive pin is.

Looking at the picture above (message 6), the connector on the left is  5.5 x 2.5  and the right hand connector is a 5.5 x 2.1 mm

A 5.5 x 2.1 connector will not fit any version of the Sure Signal.

thanks a million for this one, I have been changing the port forwarding talking to support for ages

turns out to be the power supply !!!

it's crazy as it looks like it's working, flashing lights as described,

so I doubted the power supply,

Managed to find a spare and 5 minutes later all working

Thank you so much for this post

Kind regards

Andrew

cineriv

Hi Andrew,

It's good to hear that you gained some use from this thread and solved your problem.

I can assure you that there are many threads like this one.

The power supplies only have a limited life, but when they go wrong they produce some very odd symptoms which do not in any way appear to be connected to the power supply! 

Here is an interesting post from Landshark 2007 who was also a disbeliever at the beginning but has produced a useful post as to what happens to the power supply and why it affects the Sure Signal like it does ... http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/SureSignal-1-flashing-but-not-working-possible-f...   

It's slightly technical, but does give an insight to what is happening to the Power supply and Sure Signal.

This thread by Malcolmx187 also illustrates that Ebay sellers don't always supply the correct item, and then argue that they have!  :smileyfrustrated:

Thanks for the appreciation,

Mike.

P.S.  I nearly responded to your other thread, http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Sure-Signal-V3-not-working-with-Netgear-D7000-ro...  ... but I assumed you had a V3 Sure Signal which doesn't  have a separate power supply.