Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal

Stephy63
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have registered my Sure Signal and whatever I do I cannot get it working. Please can someone talk me through. I have registered mobiles to it, and I have reset it, but no luck. I have spoken to someone in the Tech Team but when I did everything they said, it still doesn't work and I am losing the will to live here, Can someone really smart talk me through this problem please?

Thanks in advance :Smiling:

11 REPLIES 11

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

There's a load of trouble shooting steps that help gather the basic info of your setup, and am sure a link will be posted soon (I can't get at it currently)

My usual questions are:

What lights are you seeing on it

Who is your internet provider

What router are you using to connect

If BT using a Home Hub, or Virgin using a Superhub, there are known tweaks that can be done to help allow the suresignal to connect.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Stephy63

Which version of sure signal do you have ?

Is it a brand new one or a second hand one ?

My apologies if you've seen these troubleshooting help threads. 

Troubleshooting guide

My-sure-signal-has-stopped-working-what-should-I-do.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

its a brand new version 3 and i cannot get red bar to stop flashing while last two icons are steady orange. Tried resetting it but to no avail

I did various tests, the serial number of the device is 42180571511

Speedtest: up 6.31

Down: 23.16

Ping 22ms

Jitter 5 ms

Ext IP 81.149.207.144

IPV6 ::ffff:5195:cf90

Does this help?

grolschuk

It's a good start.

Who's your internet provider?

My internet provider is BT

grolschuk

Is it their Infintiy service?

If so, sometimes checking a box in the router configuration web portal for Port Clamping helps the sure signal traffic through the firewall and allows it to connect.

how would i do this and yes it is Infinity :Smiling:

grolschuk

I've just found this review (with a couple of screen shots) that explains how to log in, and where to find the password.

Once logged in, you can ignore the rest of the document (unless anything looks useful)

I am pretty sure the Port Clamping option is within Advanced Settings -> Firewall... although it could just as easy be in System or any of the others... take a hunt around the menus.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/networks/1403054/bt-home-hub-5-settings-guide-how-to-get-more-speed-a...