Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

aandpwoodley
4: Newbie

Please help,

I have changed my micro sim to a nano sim ready for my iphone 5 delivery today, however since I swapped over the sim card my phone won't connect to the sure signal.

My wifes phones is working fine, please help

548 REPLIES 548

jonw80
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have Bt infinity running at 60mb. I haven't had any problems for 2 years until I got a new SIM card and phone last Friday. Too big a coincidence I think!!!

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jonw80 If you've had a new SIM number, it will have a new unique code (femto) registered against it.

You'll need to deregister your Vodafone Sure Signal and register it again after 24 hours to update your device (femto) on our server. 

Hi , Since my new Nano sim , my vodafone suresignal box is no longer working with my sim , same phone number .

Please can you re-sync my suresignal box

serial number :-

Thank you 

@justwondering25 Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

You'll need to de-register your Vodafone Sure Signal temporarily to resolve the issue. 

Please then wait 24 hours before registering your device again via your My Vodafone account. 

Hi , Thank you for your advice , I unregistered yesterday and re-registered today , the suresignal box is hooked up and the signal light is not flashing , it looks to be working ......But no 3g signal to my phone , based on the signal my phone has (very weak) it is connecting regular method.

I have also tried a full suresignal reset , using the reset on the back of my v2 suresignal box , unplugged the power , pushed in reset with paper clip then plugged power back in and kept the reset switch held down for 10 seconds , then released.

Nothing has changed hardware wise myside , quite simply just a sim card change to the same number....as my new phone required a nano sim.

Please can you resync my box please.

Or offer further advice.

Thank you .

Hi, please can I get a refresh after a SIM card swap?

The V3 SS has serial number 42142815564

Thanks!

All working with new SIM now - thanks!

squammy
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I have had a new sim card and my sure signal needs a tweak please.
BSR Femto
Serial number 21228251704
Thanks in advance

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@justwondering25 We've resynced your Vodafone Sure Signal as requested. 

Please allow up to 6 hours before resetting your device. 

Let us know if you're still having trouble. 

@spewage Thank you for letting us know your Vodafone Sure Signal is up and running! 

@squammy I've checked your serial number and can see your Vodafone Sure Signal is showing as deregistered. 

You'll be able to register your device via your My Vodafone account. 

Hi Rahim , Thank you , that has made all the difference , my suresignal box is now working once again :Smiling:

@justwondering25 Fantastic news :Smiling:

Thank you for letting us know!