Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

Hi JamieMoulding,

The fact that the Sure Signal (VSS) was working is good news. The unplugging of it may have affected its connection to our servers. I’ll gladly try a resync for you but will need the VSS serial number to do so.

If you can post it here, we’ll process the resync for you.

Thanks

Andrew

Patience has prevailed just been informed its finally working

Hi I have same problem as mentioned - I can get into my sure signal but there is no "manage users". This happened before and its been working since but after a painful restting exercise. Do I have to go through the same thing again? can you let me know please. I dont want to be offline for hours. Thx for any help.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi gavvix,

Again, just checking, is the number you're logging into set up with the correct permissions to administer the Sure Signal?

If it is, click here to get us your details and we'll take a look at this for you.

Dave

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi guys,

witchcraft, a very warm welcome to the eForum :). We're going to need to take a closer look at how your account has been setup. Just reply to the email I've just sent you and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

dejongj, I've not been made aware of any changes to the business registration process, I will clarify this though and amend my original post if necessary.

jonforduk, I'm pleased to hear that your issue is now resolved :). If you do need any further assistance then don't hesitate to ask.

alastairhouss, a very warm welcome to you as well :). It sounds like your number might not be registered as the Owner for the Sure Signal. So that we can check on this I've sent you an email, reply with the details and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

George
eForum Team

I am also unable to add a user who's phone is part of the vodafone network, albeit via the Asda route. I get to the confirm button and then it comes up with an error saying the number has to be on the vodafone network etc. I am using a macbook pro laptop and safari

i'm logged into the sure signal page. I cannot see how to manage/add users. There only appears to be "register" or Opt out" Any clues?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

@Lloydlloyd - There's a video on how to do this here. :Smiling:

@Darragh - What sort of internet setup do you have? The traceroute makes it look like a private or satellite network which isn't supported.

@imran_paruk - Was this somebody else's Sure Signal previously? Sure Signal devices that haven't been active for a period of time are disconnected from the network. This is in line with our licensing agreement and Ts&Cs.

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben,

It's a university network. It is 100% supported as there are several Sure Signal devcies up and running in the building. The device is working as I am on it as the administrator, I just cannot add new users. That is the only issue that I have, otherwise it works. But having it work just for me and not the whole group is not what we bought it for. We were also assured that having it on the university network was fine when we bought it. 

I have to say the lack of urgency your company has for fixing problems is ludicrous. This is an extremely common problem with this device (I have seen a huge number of people on the forum with exactly the same problem) and it seems to take forever to get it resolved. 

Watched the video. it implies that when logging on aI should see MySureSignal under MY account. I don't. Could it be that i have another logon? how would I know? It is quite possible that between me and my wife we have created other user accounts (but I don't have a record of them) ?