Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock iPhone 4s

polux09
2: Seeker
Hello everyone,

I do not speak English and I translate with google translation.

I bought an iphone 4s on eBay but it is blocked vodafone UK and I do not know. I got swindled. I am looking how to unlock.

Vodafone UK will not unlock and I do not know why. No indication is given.

Can you tell me how?

I hope some of you will give me a solution.

Sincerely.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member
The only way to unlock it is to get the original owner to request the unlocking, they are the only person who can do this. Vodafone won't deal with you as you aren't the original owner,

If they won't unlock it, you may be able to setup a dispute through eBay if the item was not advertised as being locked.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
The only way to unlock it is to get the original owner to request the unlocking, they are the only person who can do this. Vodafone won't deal with you as you aren't the original owner,

If they won't unlock it, you may be able to setup a dispute through eBay if the item was not advertised as being locked.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi and Welcome to the forum.

Their are a couple of types of lock.

Network Sim lock which stops any other type of Network SIM card to be used apart from the one it is locked to.

Imei block which is typically applied by the Network due to the handset being reported lost or stolen and or insurance claim levied.

If it's imei blocked then only the Netwirk can lift this and will only do if criteria is met.

Network Sim lock lifted is as described by Drey _p

As instructed please do check the eBay listing and if wrong raise a dispute via them and PayPal if that method of payment was used.

I hope you get this resolved.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

polux09

Vodafone m'a demandé si j'avais un ami en Angleterre pour, je pense, obtenir un déblocage.

polux09

Sorry, I was in French.
Vodafone asked me if I had a friend in England, I think, get a release.

BandOfBrothers
Don't worry about it.

They (Vodaphone) will be referring to the original owner and account holder of the iPhone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.