Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS and Sky Hub 102

elliotz
1: Seeker

I have a Sky Hub 102 and VSS 1. Does anyone have a walkthrough for how to open the ports necessary? I've assigned an IP to the VSS but stuck with the firewall changes needed. 

Below is the advice from Vodafone.  They say Sky need to do the changes. Sky say Vodafone need to!

Some ports needs to be forwarded to allow the connection, they are 8 TCP UDP Unassigned 50 TCP UDP Remote Mail Checking Protocol 53 TCP UDP Domain Name System DNS 67 UDP Bootstrap Protocol BOOTP Server also used by Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol DHCP RX 68 UDP Bootstrap Protocol BOOTP Client also used by Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol DHCP TX 123 UDP Network Time Protocol NTP -used for time synchronization 500 UDP Internet Security Association and Key Management Protocol ISAKMP 1723 TCP UDP Microsoft Point-to-Point Tunnelling Protocol PPTP 4500 UDP IPSec NAT Traversal 33434 - 33445 UDP Traceroute for IP location check and bandwidth estimation Those ports have to be enabled for both TCP IP and UDP Please ask the ISP to assign a static IP for the Sure Signal box IP address for the MAC address found on the back of the Vodafone Sure signal box then enable the firewall for the provided ports.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@elliotz

While we're not certified to support third party routers, we recommend customers use portforward.com :Smiling:

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@elliotz

While we're not certified to support third party routers, we recommend customers use portforward.com :Smiling:

I've had a look there, and there are no Sky routers listed.  

Is there a similar router that I should get the config details for?  I'm surely not the only VSS person with Sky broadband 😉 

@elliotz - As the router isn’t something that Vodafone support, you’ll need to get in touch with your internet service provider.