Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Connect Router VPN

Lemaru
4: Newbie

Has anyone been able to set up a VPN server and successfully connect through the Vodafone supplied router?

The VPN server built into the router does not work, and even on the times it does connect everything times out or doesn't load at all. II have also tried to connect to the VPN hosted on my PC. This used to work fine on my homehub but doesn't even connect on using the Connect router. I have opened port 1723 but there is no option to enable GRE/VPN pass through.

Having had nothing but issues since day one, all of which could be resolved by being able to use our own router (which it doesn't say we cannot do in the T&Cs yet support won't give out the details). Most other providers allow for us to do this so appears Vodafone are somewhat behind the competition with their support.

Anyone with any tips or advice is much appreciated as I am already seriously regretting taking this service on and which I stayed with my old ISP

16 REPLIES 16

Hey! I have the same issure PPTP VPN will not work neither on ASUS router behind vodafone connect nor on a server on LAN. 

DMZ is setup to ASUS router.

Does Vodafone router let VPN traffic pass through?

Does vodafone connect router let PPTP VPN pass through? 

Can not set up VPN on a server in LAN, the same device works fine with othesr ISP.

Lemaru
Currently playing with OpenVPN but once new years out the way I will contact you. Thanks for the update

Lemaru
Solved my VPN issue by setting up SoftEther. The router is still a pile of junk tho and as soon as my contracts up I will be off to a provider that actually support their users

Lemaru
No it doesn't. It has the port roles there but no way to pass through protocol 47 (PPTP pass through setting on some routers). Despite what other people on here suggest, this is a protocol and NOT port 47.

I installed SoftEther and used ipsec instead of pptp as that just uses standard ports, and also has the benefit of being more secure

@Lamaru

Thank you! I set up L2TP VPN on synology server and it seems to work so far.

I wonder why VF support is hiding and does not accep that PPTP is blocked !!!! 

Guestuser
1: Seeker

I had this issue and have now orders business BB as it has a fixed IP. In the mean time I set up a guest wifi and connected my work computer to it. I don't have any vpn connectivity issues on the wifi.