cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - Software Update?

macker15
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi, can you please tell us when this phone will be updated to android 5.1 or 5.1.1?
73 REPLIES 73

Will the Turkey update work OK on a UK Smart Ultra 6?

Really want to try it, but dont want to brick it.

Worked 100% fine for me, as I said earlier the only issue is that the Vodafone apps are all in Turkish (which I uninstalled anyway).

Thanks Gopher.

I have installed 5.1.1 now, but will give the android 6 a go when I am bored one day 🙂

So far 5.1.1 seems like a small but decent update, the phone seems a bit faster, before there was a tiny lag to the locking sound but now it's gone, also the Google search bar has been visually updated to match the new branding. Stil 6.0 needs to come soon, I really want Now On Tap on this phone.

My Smart 6 Ultra just updated, but now I have no network connectivity. When I try to select the Vodafone UK network I get "Your SIM card doesn't allow connection to this network".

Has anyone else had this issue, or knows anything i can do to solve it?

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@papercutsz wrote:

I get "Your SIM card doesn't allow connection to this network".

Have you tried your SIM in another handset? If not, that would be a good start as it can help to narrow down whether it is an issue with the SIM or phone. When you take it out, try not to get fingerprints on it and also give it a clean with a lint free dry cloth. 

If the SIM works okay in another phone, then you know it is potentially an issue with the handset.  Did you do a factory reset after doing the upgrade?  I'd recommend doing one after any upgrade to your firmware.  Do make sure you have backed up all your personal data before starting this process as it will completely wipe the handset. 

PWIAC

I agree with Frug0000 above - seems to be running a bit quicker/more responsive. No problems since the update, although I did do a hard factory reset to reduce the chances of a problem cropping up.

I didn't have to manually choose my network after the update either, it is set by deafult to "automatically choose" and it picked "vodafone UK" without an issue.

BigD18t
4: Newbie
The UK update is being rolled out now, so keep checking and you should get it.

Got the UK update notification today, updating now... I hope !

ash_white
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Help please. Started the download for the new 5.1.1 update but had to cancel half way though. Now when I go to check for updates, all I get is network error??? In history it says package download cancelled. Thanks in advance for any help. Cheers.