Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wi Fi booster

tony1slave
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Been with Vodafone for years.

My daughter has had a problem with signal where she lives and Vodafone gave her a booster free of charge.

My wife and myself have got vodafones and we have got a problem with signal because we live in a spot where signal is very weak.I phoned Vodafone to see if they would give me a free booster but their customer services are absolutely useless i went through five advisers i spent nearly 2 hours trying to get some sence out of someone but i gave up in the end.They have not got a clue what you are trying to tell them. Unfortunately I have just renewed my contract with them so I will have to wait until it runs out before I move to another supplier.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

No one would recognise the term wi fi booster but after your explanation they should have realised you were talking about a Sure Signal.

Your daughter was very lucky to get one for nothing. They retail for £100 and they are very reluctant to reduce that price even for very good customers.

The good news is that Wi Fi calling should arrive sometime soon meaning you'll be able to use your own Wi Fi at home to make and receive calls if you have the right type of phone that is compatible with their new service.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

jeffkinn

No one would recognise the term wi fi booster but after your explanation they should have realised you were talking about a Sure Signal.

Your daughter was very lucky to get one for nothing. They retail for £100 and they are very reluctant to reduce that price even for very good customers.

The good news is that Wi Fi calling should arrive sometime soon meaning you'll be able to use your own Wi Fi at home to make and receive calls if you have the right type of phone that is compatible with their new service.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Thanks for your comment.

They did know what I was on about, but they are programmed to mess you about so you get so fed up you give up.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@tony1slave wrote:

They did know what I was on about, but they are programmed to mess you about so you get so fed up you give up.

TBH with you, when I first read your post I thought you were on about a WiFi booster was was wondering why you'd be asking Vodafone for one of those. 

As Jeffkinn has said, the device you are asking for is a SureSignal.  You can find out details of the device here and order one if you'd like.  It is unlikely you will get one for free.

PWIAC

Nabs

I live in an area with limited coverage and the most I managed to get (on an account that's been Vodafone for 15+ years) was a £20 credit towards a new Sure Signal. If the cost is the main issue you could try a popular online auction site. There are V2 Sure Signals selling for considerably less than the cost of a brand new one and they work just as well.

It's a fantastic device and does fix the issues however as @jeffkinn pointed out Wifi calling is the way the industry is going and it should be a better (cheaper at least) solution to the problem.

BandOfBrothers
Hi

I'm sorry to hear your having issues.

You say you've just renewed your contract.

If this is within 14 days then you can cancel that and use a PAC Code from Vodafone to move your number to a more suitable networks that gives good stable signal and data speeds. Test out other networks via their Payg sim cards where you live , work and commute before committing.

As touched upon Wifi Calling is hopefully coming to Vodafone soon.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/index.htm

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tanks for that.

I will check with them and see what excuse they will give me to keep me as a customer.

BandOfBrothers
You're Welcome.

At the end of the day it makes more sense to choose a network that you can connect to.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.