Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

almost no signal

stephrf
1: Seeker

Does anyone have any advice for getting out of a vodafone contract. I have no signal at my house in Norwich. I had no signal at my last two places of work: Manchester and Reading. Now i'm in Edinburgh yst again fluctuates between one bar and nothing. Absolutely dreadful. I've seen the advert for signal in a carpark - obviously a comedy feature as I cannot get signal in various houses/offices!

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Can you please use this Template which will help you self troubleshoot if the issue exists with your phone or SIM card. Launch the link and copy and paste your answers back here please. 

Link > https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template/td-p/2540...

One way to cancel your contract if your still in your 2 year term is to pay the Early Termination Fee which is the total amount of line rental outstanding for the remainder of the contract, without VAT, and less a 2% rebate.This figure will be calculated on the price prior to any discounts. You can confirm the exact figure by calling 191

From the T&C’s of the Contract.

3. Services and coverage
a. We will provide the services to you with reasonable skill and care that is expected of a mobile telecommunication provider. However, due to the nature of mobile technology, there are a number of reasons why it’s impossible to provide a fault-free continuous service, these include:
* you move your home location into an area with no or poor network coverage; 
weather conditions; 
damage to our network infrastructure and base stations 
including moving or removing base stations; 
the number of people using the network at any one time; 
when roaming, using a different network operator that does not offer the same level of service or network coverage as us; or 
other factors outside our reasonable control such as new buildings and structures being erected between you and our base stations, the thickness of your property walls or a change of your mobile equipment. 

10.Credits or termination if there is a failure of the service
If we have to maintain our network or if there is a technical fault on our network that is caused by us, you may be entitled to a partial credit of your charges (based on the number of days you are without a service) or in certain circumstances where you receive a severely degraded service for an unreasonable period of time, terminate this agreement.
To receive a partial credit of your charges or terminate this agreement, you must report to us a disruption on our network which we reasonably assess that you use frequently, the disruption is severe and is assessed against your typical usage history. In addition, no alternative means of access to our network and services must be available to you (for example, using a Vodafone Sure Signal) for you to receive a credit or terminate this agreement.

From http://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/contentdocuments/vftst052330.pdf

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.