Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPad Air receives but can't send text messages

rwhitetlc
4: Newbie

I have an iPad Air (through Vodafone) and it receives text messages but can't send them.

For example today I upgraded to the new iOS and very quickly got a text from Vodafone saying I needed to upgrade the settings. I was told to click a link which took me to a Vodafone page on the internet where I was instructed to text WEB to a number. No way! The send button remains grayed out and non functional.

No doubt something I need to change in settings but what?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Unless you install a third party app you can't send normal (green) messages from an iPad.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

You may need to ring customer services.

Try Settings, General , Reset , Reset Network Settings and or ->

On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches.

Are you able to send iMessages which show up in blue bubbles ?

To update the carrier settings it's https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201270

Some help info on Text messages here http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Calls-texts-and-voicemail/Setting-up-text-messaging/38912243/How-do-I-...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for that helpful information. Unfortunatly most of it relates to the iPhone and my problem is with an iPad rather than a phone but unless someone posts a iPad specific reply I will try the reset you suggested and see if that helps.

BandOfBrothers
My apologies I did type in 'iPhone' - that reset it the same both for the iPad and iPhone along with the reset network settings avenue.

I hope this resolves for you asap.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids

iMessage is an Apple app and not related to any Vodafone application.

Try turning  iMessage off and back on. If that does not work try signing out of iCloud and then signing back in.

Has the iMessage app ever worked for you?

iMessage works perfectly it is normal sms messages that I can receive but not send.

kids
Unless you install a third party app you can't send normal (green) messages from an iPad.

Thanks. That explains it and I now understand