Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5 Unlocking

Zachster
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have just upgraded my iPhone 5, to an iPhone 6. What I want to do, is unlock the 5 handset for a family member to use. Unfortunately, when I attempt to fill in the online firm, I am unable to confirm the imei number for iPhone 5, as I a) my new phone is taking my sim and b) I can't yet put in the family members sim, due to it being a different network, meaning I can't open the imei number.

Any help on how to get this recently old handset unlocked would be most appreciated

Zachster

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

On the iPhone 5 or later, the IMEI number can be found on the back of the device near the bottom.   If you aren't able to read the number there, you will need to put your SIM back into the phone, activate it and enter *#06# on your dialer in order to get the IMEI number. 

PWIAC

View solution in original position

30 REPLIES 30

I completed and sent the form over 6 weeks ago! Not heard anything since. The phone is an iPhone 5, spare after upgrading to iPhone 6.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

Have you tried connecting the phone to iTunes with a non-Vodafne sim card in it to check whether it has been unlocked?

If it has you will see a pop-up message in iTunes informing you so.

Yardımcı olursanız sevinirim.

İngiltereden arkadaşım bir iphone5 getirdi.

e-devlet üzerinden kaydettirdim.

fakat sim kartı takıyorum sinyal alıyor fakat sim karttan kaynaklanan sorundan dolayı kullanamıyorum.

Türkiyedeki vodafone ile görüştüm çözemediler ve en son ingiltere vodafone ile irtibata geçip sim kilidinizi açtırın dediler..

telefon bu hatayı veriyor:
cc.jpg

kids

Eğer orijinal sahibi size £ 19,99 açma ücreti ödemek böylece İngiltere PAYG sim kartı ile yapmak değil gibi tek yolu telefonunuzun kilidini açmak için. ancak, 30 gün boyunca, UK ağda kullanılmak zorundadır.
Yopur diğer tek yolu orijinal sahibini bulmak ve sizin için bunu açmak için onlara sormak olduğunu.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Even though the iPhone was bought in England only the original owner and account holder can request the unlock so any SIM card can be used in the iPhone. 

IPhone İngiltere'de satın alındı ​​olsa sadece orijinal sahibi ve hesap sahibinin bu nedenle herhangi bir SIM kart iPhone kullanılabilecek kilidini talep edebilirsiniz.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

teşekkürler... thank you

BandOfBrothers

Hoşgeldin

Current Phone  >

kids

@bandofbrothers1 wrote:

Even though the iPhone was bought in England only the original owner and account holder can request the unlock so any SIM card can be used in the iPhone. 

IPhone İngiltere'de satın alındı ​​olsa sadece orijinal sahibi ve hesap sahibinin bu nedenle herhangi bir SIM kart iPhone kullanılabilecek kilidini talep edebilirsiniz.

@User1236435:
That is no longer the case.
Anyone with a phone locked to Vodafone can have the phone unlocked by using it on Vodafone's network for 30 days as a PAYG phone. They can then pay the £19.99 to have it unlocked.
Although that wil not help in this case as the owner is in Turkey.

BandOfBrothers

@kids wrote:

@bandofbrothers1 wrote:

@User1236435:
That is no longer the case.
Anyone with a phone locked to Vodafone can have the phone unlocked by using it on Vodafone's network for 30 days as a PAYG phone. They can then pay the £19.99 to have it unlocked.
Although that wil not help in this case as the owner is in Turkey.

When did this change come into effect. Is their a link to any official help pages on this ?

All that I've read from previous past posts lead to what I said. 

Thank you for the heads up. 

Current Phone  >