Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iphone 5 still locked

Jupesfm
4: Newbie

Hi i have iphone 5 i paid to have it unlocked i got an email saying that its unlocked but i tried what it told me to do on the email i have tried loads of diffrent sim but itunes keep saying sim is not valid pls someone help me i dont knw what else to do

86 REPLIES 86

hi everyon phones still locked done everything possible

hi my phone still locked done everything

Hi @Jupesfm

I’ve responded to your recent email.

Please reply back via email.

Thanks

Michelle

right i need some serious help my phone is still locked the imei is still showing locked vodaphone are saying because its second hannd they cant do much i contacted apple and they are saying vodaphone should help me to unlock this imei even though its second hand that dosent matter all i am asking for is some help from any one i paid a lot of money to buy this phone and i cant use it please vodaphone help me out on this one the phone is legally mine i have proof of purchase someone should know why its still showing locked

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
It is Vodafone policy that they will only unlock the phone for the original owner. If you are not able to contact that person then you are stuck with a locked phone.

Did your purchase the phone from the original owner?

but vodaphone are not asking me for original owner apple have provided me a second imei and they said unlock this imei to unlock your phone as far as apple are concerned i am the original owner

so what i dont understand is i am stuck with a phone wich dosent unlock second hand phones that are sold how are you meant to unlock them i have just spent £36 on this phone to unlock but the imei is still showing locked atleast vodaphone should let me know where the problems is so i can sort it out and if vodaphone want proof of receipt i am happy to get it for them surely someone must know what is going on why cant vodaphone be more helpful they did refund me the unlocking fee but i have just used more money to unlock but it still showing sim not valid i dont think this is fair on me

kids

Who did you spend £36 with to have the phone unlocked? The only time a phone will be officially unlocked it when it is done at the request of the network and Vodafone do not charge £36 to unlock a phone.

Also why are Apple asking you to unlock and IMEI of a phone that does not belong to you? If the IMEI does not appear on their detabase they cannot unlock it, same as if the IMEI is on their database then it is the person on whose account the IMEI appears that must request the unlock.

i paid too one of the online unlock teams apple said the phone imei was never unlocked thats what i dont understand is why is everyone saying its unlocked when its showing locked

kids
To clarify a few things.
Are you saying you paid £36 to Vodafone for an unlock?
Have you connected the phone to iTunes with a non Vodafone SIM card in it?
Has Apple ever told you that tbe phone that has the other IMEI has ever been replaced?
Have you tried setting up the phone as a new phone when connected to iTunes and with a non Vodafone sim it it? ( a full restore as new)