Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sharing dock and usb k3571-z problem

robvanderleer
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
can anyone help me with this: i have a mobile broadband dock r101 and a usb dongle k3571-z. If i put the dongle into the dock then the dongle looks to react properly. First flashing red led then flashing green/blue led. But there's no connection made. In the dock software there's a no device detected - no signal message. I already put new firmware into the dock. Still no device present message. When i put the dongle into the laptop, everything works fine automaticly.
5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi robvanderleer,

Let me firstly welcome you to the Vodafone eForum. It’s always nice to see new faces around here.:)

It does look like an issue with the sharing dock as such.

Has this modem ever worked with this sharing dock?

Have you tried a different modem with the dock, and if so, what were the results?

It may be worth checking the settings in the dock software are correct too, which you can check using the information in this post.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Trev

eForum

He Trev thanks for the reply. The dock never worked together with the dongle. I bought the dock recently. I have no other dongle available at the moment. I have to look for that. The post that you included in your reply does not work. Page not found. Do you have another link ?

Hi there robvanderleer,

Please accept my apologies for the dead link.

I've now updated Trev's link; could you give it a try for me now and let me know how you get on?

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

Hi Lee / Trev,

Still no connection for the dock. I have no other modem available. I'm on holiday now. The dock still gives a message "no device". Can you tell me if this message depends on a connection or is it so that if a usb stick is connected a message "device XXXX detected" appears ? Rob 

Hi robvanderleer

Thanks for coming back to us here.

I suspect that there may be some sort of issue with the dock but obviously we’d need to test this. Is there any way that when you are back from your holiday, you would be able to pop the dock into a Vodafone store? From here we can then test another model of USB modem to test to see if the issue is with your modem or the dock itself.

Please let me know how you get on and if you have any more questions we’ll be happy to help you further.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Want to give feedback about me?

You can do so here