cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

why does sure signal data clock on my 3g data allowance?

james312
5: Helper

It seems that data going via my suresignal device - ie my own broadband bandwidth - is taken off my monthly data allowance, just as if it was clogging the 3G/4G network?  This is like giving a taxi driver my own car and fuel and still being charged full fare for the journey.

I have seen this same issue dismissed elsewhere herein, but can anyone justify it? The cost of internet data transit at data centres has collapsed in the past couple of years - many cheap hosting accounts seem to get at least 20G a month thrown in.  Now I am of course careful to leave wifi switched on all the time, but this looks and feels like just another nickel and diming for unwary Vodafone users... plus ca change.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

The reason for this is that the SureSignal is effectively your own personal transmitter - basically a miniature version of the transmitter you connect to normally.  As such, you are connecting to the Vodafone network for data usage which is why you are charged / it comes out of your inclusive allowance.  If you have poor signal at home, I don't understand why you would not be using your home WiFi in the first place for your data.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

drey_p

Hi there

The reason for this is that the SureSignal is effectively your own personal transmitter - basically a miniature version of the transmitter you connect to normally.  As such, you are connecting to the Vodafone network for data usage which is why you are charged / it comes out of your inclusive allowance.  If you have poor signal at home, I don't understand why you would not be using your home WiFi in the first place for your data.

PWIAC