Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband/Router problems?

philguk
4: Newbie

I'm having strange intermittent problems with my Vodafone-based broadband

I have a wireless access point providing wireless access to around a dozen smart switches and the like, so I  do NOT use the wifi in the router

Everything works fine FOR A WHILE then my wirelss devices all drop their wifi connection and will not reconnect. If I  try and log into the router while this is happening the response time from the web config is EXTREMELY slow as if the router is way busy doing something else. After a while, things slowly return to normal (including the router response time)

Only for the probem to recurr anywhere between 12 and 24 hours later.

At this time all my WIRED connections are fine (as are SOME wireless connections)

This all seems to have started happeneing  a week or so ago when I added four more smart switches to Christmas lights - but this may be a red herring

Has anyone else experienced these symptoms?

I've seen some mention of not attaching too many wireless devices to the Vodafone router at the same time, but as I said above, I am using a seperate access point for wifi connectvity

So, unless there is a limit to TOTAL network connected devices, this may also be a reed herring

Any suggestions or ideas of how to pin down the problem would be greatly appreciated

I am out of the country right now, but I will be calling  Vodafone as soon as I return

Thanks

Phil G

1 REPLY 1

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @philguk

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.