Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Connection

Maiden99
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How do I know if Vodafone have cancelled my previous broadband with Sky? I ordered VF broadband about 3 weeks ago & installed last week. At the point of order, it said I didn't need to do anything with my existing provider but I find it strange that I've had no sort of communication from Sky. 

5 REPLIES 5

Jayach
16: Advanced member

If both Sky and Vodafone are using FTTC, it should definitely have happened, however if at least one is using FTTP, and especially if Vodafone are using CityFibre, then it may not, and you will have to cancel it yourself.

If you haven't heard from Sky it probably hasn't been cancelled.

Switching broadband provider - Ofcom

Did you transfer your phone number?

No, we were given a new phone number. If that's the case, I think Vodafone should have informed me. 

Jayach

Have you moved technologies (FTTC/FTTP/Openreach/CityFibre)? If so it is is not automatic.

How did you sign up? On-line or over the phone,? Did you ask to keep your number?

I know it seems unfair, but it is expected that we will know the ramifications of swapping ISP, except in the case of FTTC to FTTC.

I signed up online & I can't remember now if the phone number was even mentioned. Also, I have absolutely no idea about the technology side of things. Unfortunately, it's a bit beyond my understanding.  Looks like I need to contact Sky. Thank you for your help. 

Jayach

@Maiden99 wrote:

I signed up online & I can't remember now if the phone number was even mentioned. 

It's literally one of the first things it asks. 

Jayach_0-1678542107799.png

But, yes, if you are not up on the technical side of the various broadband options there are now it can be confusing.