cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband active 1 month, not yet billed, order shows as awaiting activation and STILL cannot log in

franksidebottom
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Our fibre broadband only service was activated on 16th November, I have been using the connection (which to be fair is very stable) on a daily basis, however I simply cannot log in to our online account to view our bills. I have phoned customer services a number of times about this and been given a range of excuses as to why this is not possible. I was firstly told that our account wasn't flagged as being active on your systems, each time I am told this I am asked to try again 24 hours later yet I always see internal server or other generic "sorry" error messages. I was also told that I would not be able to log into our online account unless I also had an activate Vodafone mobile phone number linked to our account. I have virtually no desire to switch my mobile phone account to Vodafone and I feel it is important to note the request by yourselves for me to do so is akin to tying and bundling, which is not permitted under various aspects of UK law. I am sure you know that, if you don't then you certainly should. I was told that a possible way around this "might" be to send me a bill via email each month, but again it would otherwise not be possible to have access to an online account. I am being told this in 2022.

Bizarrely, each time I attempt to reset my password for My Vodafone to try and navigate my way around this issue I receive password reset messages from Voxi. Furthermore, if I navigate to your order status page, our account still shows as awaiting activation. Just to reiterate, we have been actively using the broadband connection daily for 31 days.

I made a further call to customer services today, as previous they were unable to rectify the account access issues. After another 30 wasted minutes I asked when the account was last billed or when we will be first billed - the Direct Debit is already set up but I have not yet made a payment for the service despite using it for over one month. The person I spoke to told me that I would be billed on the 1st of the month. Just to reiterate I have been using the service since 16th November and it is now 17th December. Do your company wish to be paid or not? Virtually every other utility in our household has been billed at least once during the same 31 day period.

There is only one word to describe this - shambolic. I think it is also important to note that I have a disability owing to a terminal illness, I signed up to Vodafone as part of the social broadband scheme. Do you think any part of having to chase you over something so simple is deemed acceptable? No, it is not.

I am not going to waste any more of my limited time phoning in about this, I would like someone from the company that actually knows what they are doing to reach out and resolve this issue before I escalate the matter via external complaint resolution schemes.

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Unfortunately no one from Vodafone will contact you via the forum.

I don't have a Vodafone mobile but have no problems accessing my account. I do however have a home phone number, and wasn't aware Vodafone offer broadband only contracts.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @franksidebottom, I'm sorry to hear you're struggling to connect to your online account. As we'll need access to your account to look into this, we'll be unable to look into this for you here. Please pop us a Private Message through one of our Social Channels and we'll be able to get this sorted for you.