Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connected, no internet

ph2367
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

So my journey with Vodafone broadband started on 15th July.  My original activation date was 5th August, and I was switching from SSE to Vodafone (no engineer required).

On that day nothing happened, when I queried this with Customer Service the following day I was informed that OpenReach had not placed my order, and that I would have to effectively re-place my order, leaving me without internet for over two weeks....

I since received a second router in the post.  The new activation date is today 22nd August.  

On the router, I have solid white lights for Internet, WiFi and Power, but I can only connect to the network, and cannot access the internet...

My questions are does it matter if I don't use the 2nd router?

If I need to use the 2nd router, do I need to uninstall the My Vodafone mobile app to update the details.

Are there any diagnostics tests that I can do at my side to see what's gone wrong?

If I still cannot connect to the internet by tomorrow, what can be done to resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Yes, I have a DWA0120 here. I'm certain you could get that to work on Vodafone, but the problem is the Technicolor routers won't get firmware updates unless they are on their original ISP, and Technicolor don't have the firmwares on their site.

The THG3000 is probably a better router, it's just there are so few options you can change.

Edit. I very much doubt it was Openreach, just another Vodafone muck up.

View solution in original position

27 REPLIES 27

Jayach

Strange as apparently SSE use the Vodafone network. (they are currently in transition to TalkTalk)

OVO Sells UK SSE Phone and Broadband Customers to TalkTalk UPDATE - ISPreview UK

If the internet led is solid white you should be connected. (it shouldn't matter which router you use)

It may be the Vodafone content controls that are stopping you accessing the web, try logging in to the router and changing the DNS servers to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 as that will bypass the content controls.

Forget about the app for now, it's useless.

Hi,

Thanks for your help.  I've changed the DNS settings to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 (and changed DNS from dynamic to manual), then hit apply.

I presume that I just need to then choose reconnect from the router .

I still can't access the internet unfortunately 

Jayach

If it's still not accessing the internet, then it's not the content controls.

I'm assuming you are on FTTC (Fibre to the cabinet) not FTTP (fibre to the property), so when you log in to the router, do you have a speed shown. Jayach_0-1653693084648.png

And do you have a I.P. address under Status and Support?

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

Yes, I have speeds shown on the router home page (this was previously not the case)

It is FFTC (I'm just using the open reach socket in my home)

I also have an IPv4 address and gateway (but no IPv6 address).  This starts with 64.64.7X.XX

When I phoned the IT tech team this confused them, as the broadband appeared to be working at their end. 

I think the problem may lie with OpenReach.

I'm going to double-check the connections to the master socket.

This is very poor service.  If the issues persists I'm thinking of moving to Virgin Media.

Jayach

I'm also confused. From what you say it should be working, I don't think there is any point in checking connections, if they were wrong you would not have an IP address. (Vodafone still isn't using IPv6)

The router has built in diagnostics, see if you can ping external sites from it.

Jayach_0-1661702910532.png

Jayach

Also your IP address is not a Vodafone one 64.64.7 servint.net - United States - Leaseweb USA, Inc. - Search IP addresses (db-ip.com) so I don't know how you are getting that.

Ah ok,

Well, I tried to ping the BBC's IP address from my router's home page, and that failed.

I've escalated this with Vodafone's tech team, and I'm expecting a call bank within the next 3 days.  

Ripshod

I think this may be a great opportunity to try something that they're going to ask you to do in 3 days time. Locate the reset button on the back and hold it in with a pin for at least 10 seconds - ignore what the indicators do. Wait til it's connected again and let us know.

That IP is whacky. 

Jayach

It's unlikely to make any difference, but have you tried both routers?