Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connected, no internet

ph2367
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

So my journey with Vodafone broadband started on 15th July.  My original activation date was 5th August, and I was switching from SSE to Vodafone (no engineer required).

On that day nothing happened, when I queried this with Customer Service the following day I was informed that OpenReach had not placed my order, and that I would have to effectively re-place my order, leaving me without internet for over two weeks....

I since received a second router in the post.  The new activation date is today 22nd August.  

On the router, I have solid white lights for Internet, WiFi and Power, but I can only connect to the network, and cannot access the internet...

My questions are does it matter if I don't use the 2nd router?

If I need to use the 2nd router, do I need to uninstall the My Vodafone mobile app to update the details.

Are there any diagnostics tests that I can do at my side to see what's gone wrong?

If I still cannot connect to the internet by tomorrow, what can be done to resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Yes, I have a DWA0120 here. I'm certain you could get that to work on Vodafone, but the problem is the Technicolor routers won't get firmware updates unless they are on their original ISP, and Technicolor don't have the firmwares on their site.

The THG3000 is probably a better router, it's just there are so few options you can change.

Edit. I very much doubt it was Openreach, just another Vodafone muck up.

View solution in original position

27 REPLIES 27

I'll phone Vodafone to try and get the user id/ password from them, to use in the SSE router (this is a Technicolor one)

Jayach

Your stats look O.K. to me. To get your username and password (PPPoE details) live chat is best. https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

@ph2367 wrote:

I'll phone Vodafone to try and get the user id/ password from them, to use in the SSE router (this is a Technicolor one)

Which model is it, I have a few here and have been able to get them all to work on Vodafone. There is a little known "engineer" login that enables you to get to the full setup options.

Hi, apologies for the late reply.

The router model is DWA0120

However,... my broadband has been fixed today by Vodafone.  It got referred to their 2nd line tech team - I think the problem lay with Open Reach.  I missed a call from their engineer during office hours, but I suspect they were just checking that the service had been finally activated.

I'm now considering whether to use my old Technicolor Router, or the new Vodafone one, but at least I've have broadband again.

Thanks for your help and suggestions with this.

Jayach

Yes, I have a DWA0120 here. I'm certain you could get that to work on Vodafone, but the problem is the Technicolor routers won't get firmware updates unless they are on their original ISP, and Technicolor don't have the firmwares on their site.

The THG3000 is probably a better router, it's just there are so few options you can change.

Edit. I very much doubt it was Openreach, just another Vodafone muck up.

No problem, well I'll stick with the Vodafone router for simplicity. Ok, maybe the issue lay with Vodafone. Well, at least I should be due compensation from them for the lack of service for just over a calendar month. Thanks again for your suggestions with this.

ichisdeno
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I have very poor internet speed and often no internet for the last 3 weeks and it has been happening every day. I did contact the customer service of ISP (Vodafone) multiple times via telephone and E-Mail. However, each time I was told that it was an internet outage in the [Removed] whole region and I should not be worried.

I am quite disappointed and angry about how Vodafone handles the situation for a customer. Due to this unreliable internet service, I have trouble at work (home office), missed many important appointments, and cannot even enjoy the evening with my family by watching a movie on Netflix.

I see that there are no alternative providers on my street at the moment, what are my options?

I did little troubleshooting with the router but it did not help. Thoughts? Does going to a consumer court help? I don't know what to do.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

Jayach

@ichisdeno wrote:

I see that there are no alternative providers on my street at the moment, what are my options?

Is that true? Who are your neighbours using? If it is Vodafone, are they suffering the same problems?

Ripshod

Mmmm. Only post and sneaked a (currently dead) blog link in it. We probably won't hear again from this one, unless I just irked them.