Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Eero Pro 6

col49ers
2: Seeker

I am switching BT to Vodafone FFtp and would like to retain my eero mesh system rather than use Vodafone's chose router.

I have obtained my PPPoE credentials from Vodafone for the new account.

Do I just enter the PPpoE credentials on the eero app then plug the eero into the openreach modem?

I don't want to double nat or bridge

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

It should work just fine with the right settings.

Vodafone support tends to forget to tell people to add @Broadband.vodafone.co.uk to the end of the username.  It's also best to get the username and password emailed or copied as text so you can copy/paste (and save it).

Provided your Vodafone FTTP is still physically supplied by OpenReach you WILL NOT need a VLAN ID (for CityFibre it's 911).

View solution in original position

19 REPLIES 19

CrimsonLiar

It should work just fine with the right settings.

Vodafone support tends to forget to tell people to add @Broadband.vodafone.co.uk to the end of the username.  It's also best to get the username and password emailed or copied as text so you can copy/paste (and save it).

Provided your Vodafone FTTP is still physically supplied by OpenReach you WILL NOT need a VLAN ID (for CityFibre it's 911).

Hmm, something's not right.

Got username and password from VF which was sent by text. Password started with “-?” This is the relevant bit of the text: 

Your 3rd party router details are -?

Username - dsl**************@broadband.vodafone.co.uk

Password-?********

I’ve tried putting with the ? first. It didn’t work, and the if I adjust and try to Save Changes nothing happens. The screen in the app doesn’t change / it just kinda hangs. The blue button doesn’t even acknowledge it’s been pressed. Occasionally the app will back out to the previous screen and I’m  asked to Apply Settings but nothing happens.

Have done a hard reset a number of times but to no avail. Currently have Eero plugged into the back of the VF hub which is what’s connected to the modem.

any thoughts?

Ripshod

Drop the "-?", your password is the following 8 characters. Seems their notepad doesn't recognise ":" 

Jayach

@TWHH wrote:
Currently have Eero plugged into the back of the VF hub which is what’s connected to the modem.

What do you mean by this? Is that what you are doing because you can't get the Eero to work on its own?

What do you mean by modem? Are you referring to the ONT or are you on FTTC?

Yes, that’s the only way   - at the moment.

i am referring to the Openreach ONT when I say modem. I am FTTP

Jayach

@TWHH wrote:

Yes, that’s the only way   - at the moment.

i am referring to the Openreach ONT when I say modem. I am FTTP

Thanks for the clarification. Was @Ripshod's suggestion any help? 

Well, after calling eero, and then ‘chatting’ with VF I am now up and running. Somehow!

The issue I now face is that the eero is spitting out speeds (wired and WiFi) of 300Mpbs (as a maximum) on my 1Gbps line! 

I have a ticket with eero who are looking into the issue, but so far although I have better control of my home network the speed is reduced by approx 75%.

As Pete Tong would say… “we continue”

Did you get this working? I have tried following the steps but just doesnt work. Still only way i can use my eero is to have ot connected to the Vodafone router which is pretty annoying 

col49ers

For further reference PpoE doesnt work. Have to double NAT