Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Eero Pro 6

col49ers
2: Seeker

I am switching BT to Vodafone FFtp and would like to retain my eero mesh system rather than use Vodafone's chose router.

I have obtained my PPPoE credentials from Vodafone for the new account.

Do I just enter the PPpoE credentials on the eero app then plug the eero into the openreach modem?

I don't want to double nat or bridge

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

It should work just fine with the right settings.

Vodafone support tends to forget to tell people to add @Broadband.vodafone.co.uk to the end of the username.  It's also best to get the username and password emailed or copied as text so you can copy/paste (and save it).

Provided your Vodafone FTTP is still physically supplied by OpenReach you WILL NOT need a VLAN ID (for CityFibre it's 911).

View solution in original position

19 REPLIES 19

Ripshod

We have had members that have it working okay, so there's a problem with your config.

https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/5382599417371-PPPoE-Setup-Instructions

Quote: 

"PPPoE is supported from eeroOS v6.6.1 and eero App version 6.13.0 and later. eero Pro 6, eero 6, eero Pro 6E, and eero 6+ support PPPoE.

Please note: This feature requires a firmware update. If you are setting up older eero units, you may need to set up your network while it’s connected to your modem/router or router and update it to v6.6.1 or later first."

TL;DR. If you have an older device it'll likely need an update. 

I'm on 6.16.2

Eero pro 6e

Got my PpoE username and password  inthis format  dslxxxxxxx@broadband.vodafone.co.uk

And it definitely does not work without doubling nat with the Vodafone router

Ripshod

Then something else is wrong. Anything I suggest will just be a guess. 

Jayach

Or the username/password is wrong, it's apparently easy to confuse some of the characters.

Just couldn't get this it to work

Added vlan tag 101 and now it works

CrimsonLiar

Thats very odd because FTTP - where you are connected to an ONT or PON shouldn't need, or even work if using VLAN 101.  The VLAN 101 setting should be the dominion of FTTC, where you connect a modem/router to the phone socket!

Ripshod

Wasn't there a thing where a provider for Vodafone in Hull or somewhere in Humberside use 101?

Ripshod

Could it have been Kingston Communications? 

1rtomlinson

Hi just had the same dilemma wondering what was going on.  Turns out Vodafone had randomly changed my PPPoE details.  As soon as the correct ones were put in it worked straight away, no need for a VLAN ID.

CrimsonLiar

Kingston Communications who are a law unto themselves!  There have been books written about the telecommunications systems and oddities in and around Hull!