Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigafast Broadband Activation

euangmair
2: Seeker

I ordered Vodafone's Gigafast Broadband package on April 30th, 2022.

It was due to be installed AND activated on May 24th, 2022. The fibre was installed however, my broadband was not activated and I still have no internet access.

I received ANOTHER email today, telling me that my broadband was instead going to be activated on May 25th, 2022. However, it is still not active. I have been around the houses on web chat, trying to get this resolved, nobody can tell me what is going on with my account - an adviser has told me that my broadband was completely cancelled yet I have had no notification about this nor confirmation.

I can't even call the support number as a robot tells me to go online, before hanging up. I need to speak to someone, OVER THE PHONE, to have this resolved as I have been left without internet for two days now. I work from home and cannot complete my work without internet access.

The shoddy support I have received for paying so much money for a broadband package is completely unacceptable. I need some clear insight into what has happened to my account.

6 REPLIES 6

euangmair

I have copies of all emails that were sent to me regarding delivery, installation dates etc from when I ordered this package on April 30th.

If that one adviser is correct in saying my broadband was cancelled, how on Earth do you think it is acceptable to cancel my package without notifying me or offering to activate a new order THE SAME DAY to avoid further issues.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Who was your broadband originally with? Did you cancel it, or was it Vodafone as part of the transfer?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi did you get this resolved. I'm currently in the same situation?

Hey @Anonymous Please drop a message to the Social Media team here so they can look into the account and see what has happened with your connection. 

Hi @Anonymous,

I got this resolved... somewhat. I have a working broadband connection but still have a few other outstanding issues that I have no open communication with Vodafone to resolve.

I was left without broadband for two days whilst getting this resolved. I made several calls to Vodafone support each time explaining what had happened, asking simply for more information on what had gone wrong with my order and if I was still getting a broadband package.

Long story short: no, I wasn't getting a broadband package. I was even directed to the sales team to place another order. After possibly what was the third, or fourth call to support, I eventually got through to a customer service rep who was able to switch on my gigabit package immediately over the phone?

I have no idea why this was so difficult, and why someone was able to fix the problem immediately despite making 3/4 separate calls to customer support. However, despite now having an active broadband package, I was unable to login to my Vodafone account (this has since been rectified), I still have no working 4G dongle backup and I cannot see any of my bills on my account.

I had had enough of the terrible customer service I was receiving, so I got in contact with my local MSP to discuss the issues I had and how it relates to the full fibre charter for Scotland - I argued the case that, if other Scots were having similar issues as me, the charter that Vodafone, City Fibre amongst other companies had signed was not being executed diligently and there could be a wider issue at hand.

We did hear back from a Vodafone executive liaison but it wasn't much use... all that effort to be told there was a bug internally to Vodafone's customer system that was impacting placing/scheduling orders that had been causing problems for months.

I am having some very similar issues with Vodafone and Cityfibre in Scotland. They’re constantly passing the buck between each other arguing that they’ve done their bit and it should be working. I’ve been without broadband for 12 days now, and nothing will even be actioned until Monday, so a full 2 weeks, where Cityfibre may decide to send another engineer out, probably within 10 days (read as: exactly 10 days from now) to say “yeah everything is fine, you need to talk to Vodafone”. And I’m back where I started. It is absolutely unacceptable. It’s not even being treated as a priority., and they are clearly not trying anything from their end.

Did you ever hear from your MSP? Im thinking I might write to them too. These issues are a joke, and it’s seeming like Cityfibre shouldn’t be allowed to dig up pavements and send out a load of circulars falsely selling fibre to people when it patently doesn’t work.