Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No communication about broadband activation

peanuckle
4: Newbie

I placed an order for home broadband on 9/11/22, received an email confirming the order and the router arrived Monday 5th December. I had requested a start date of 7th Dec but I've received no communication at all since the automated "thank you for your order" and when I try to track the order it says that order WEB-0001000024429373 can't be found? Thankfully my connection with BT is still active but I've no idea what is happening? Is there any way to find out what's going on or even send the router back and cancel it as I can't risk being without a connection and this doesn't bode well for a smooth transition. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@peanuckle - I understand how important it is to have stay connected and your concern with what's happening with the activation. My team can check this for you. Please contact us through Social Media.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

Mw060859
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

They turned up to fit our fibre yesterday 

newcatle area so it was city fibre 

immediately said it needs the civics 

as the pipe the by line uses to bring our cable from the pit in the street was blocked 

said they couldn’t unblock it 

so I said sit in the van for 5mins and I will unblock it for you 

so it took them 2mins to unblock but when they trie to push the cable it was blocked 1foot from the pit in the street 

so off they went saying they would contact civil who would come and dig it up then push the cable and connect us up 

when I asked ?

no idea was the reply 

and so the wait begins 

Had the exact same yesterday, wait 2 weeks for engineers who are late on the day, told us there was a blockage so someone else will have to come out. No idea when that will be. Useless.

Hi @Robert089 👋 I do apologise for the delay in your activation. So we can check for any updates on when this will be resolved, could you please contact us via the details in this link, and we will get this looked into.