Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No delivery

Techguy1
4: Newbie

We signed up for full fibre 500 and they said we would be getting a new router by DPD 2 days before the activation date but that date is today and nothing has turned up.  We don't need a new router though, we have the THG3000 and I have been using my own router for years, also I have bought a new AX router to use.  But was I supposed to get the ONT through the post or is that something openreach provide?

4 REPLIES 4

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Techguy1 Were you given a DPD tracking ID to see if you can find out anything?

Ripshod

Have you been receiving update emails from vodafone and openreach? If not then it's likely the order has cancelled itself (it happens too often). 

CrimsonLiar

The ONT is something that is supplied and fitted by either Openreach or CityFibre, but it would only be needed if you are upgrading from FTTC (telephone line) to FTTP and there is no existing ONT fitted.

*If a previous occupier has wandered off with the ONT, then if the cable itself is in order and not damaged, a competent person could fit it, but you'd face the risk of only finding out there is damage to the fibre-optic cable after the fitting!

Dad phoned them up and they said as we already had a THG3000 they aren't going to send another one.