cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Openreach engineer has twice failed to turn up - considering cancelling my contract

Jowa21
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My new broadband deal with Vodafone activated on Monday 30th however with no ONT box installed on my new

build flat I needed Vodafone to send an engineer out.

They told me an engineer would visit on Thursday 2nd February, a morning appointment. It got to the end of the day and no engineer had arrived, so I rang Vodafone who apologised as the engineer request had not properly gone through, which was very frustrating. 

I went away on holiday at the weekend and had the rescheduled engineer visit penciled in for yesterday, Tuesday 7th February.

Of course, no engineer showed up again. I rang up around lunch time to ask why the engineer had not came and was told to wait till the end of the day. No engineer showed up. After phoning up again, Vodafone have now told me I've been referred to Openreach who will contact me today. 

Well, I've had no phone call whatsoever from Openreach and the person I spoke to wasn't even clear on the phone about whether an engineer was even booked now. They made it seem like I had to arrange it when Openreach contact me!

Part of me is sat wondering why I didn't just cancel my Vodafone contract with immediate effect last night. I'm sat working from home eating through my mobile data and incurring  personal expenses due to the worst service I've seen.

If I don't have an engineer out by Friday I'll be cancelling and switching to Virgin Media who'll send me their own engineer and provide me with half decent customer service, something I've yet to experience in the short time I've been with Vodafone.

3 REPLIES 3

Cynric
16: Advanced member

.@Jowa21 Be careful should you decide to leave that you do so before the cooling-of period exipires. I got caught out by this by just one day.

Jayach

@Cynric 

That is an interesting point. Can Vodafone claim the service has started, even if Openreach haven't made the connection?

Reading the T&C's it isn't obvious.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jowa21 - I'm sorry to hear this has been delayed and the engineer also failed to arrive as promised on more than one occasion. I know how important it is to have a connection, especially with you mentioning your working from home.

We can check the status of it for you and help to monitor your account until your line's active. 

We'll just need to take some details from you. Please reach out to us through Social Media