Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No internet

Sayed333
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've had a nightmare week with Vodafone!

It's been a week now since my full fibre installation and still no internet. 

I rang up on the day and advised promised me I would be on my midnight

I've had like 20 webchats and 15 calls and no-one seems to know what is happening and they won't send an engineer out. Everyone keeps telling to press reset button; I must have done this 1000 times. I have all green lights on except for Alarm . Router still keeps flashing red on the internet. I've purchased and tried a different ethernet cable. No-one can give an answer.

28 REPLIES 28

Hi Caroline.

Abdul says Tuesday 6th Aug for activation. So we'll see. Had a friends husband in who works with openreach just to check all connections lan to wan etc. All OK all connected accurately Vodafone just need to connect. Absolutely disgraceful they sell you an upgraded fibre package but can't connect. I'm now 9 days post fibre installation.  Fingers crossed for Tuesday.  I have been guaranteed compensation for everyday im not connected. My contract was started 10th of may. Shocking service from a loyal customer.

It's shocking isn't it. According to Vodafone my account is activated but they can't pick up my router, hence why they are sending a newer one. My router was working absolutely fine prior to the fibre install but we'll give it a go. I won't hold my breath however. 

I'm wondering whether to just cancel and start again with another provider. Vodafone won't get my custom again after this which is a shame as I've had no issues with them prior.

Let me know how you get on 🤞

Hi Caroline

My phone is with them too. It was a cheaper package which so far has been nothing but a headache.  It's so hard trying to be patient. Abdul has phoned me every other day to keep intouch but I had basic Vodafone broadband prior to the fibre installation.  The lady way back in may said it can take openreach upto 2 weeks for installation and then upto 48 hours for Internet connection.  So in theory she's sold me a fraudulent package. Vodafone have not upheld their end of the deal. 

Hi Ruby,

I've just been told by broadband support that there were some faulty Openreach cables which they have replaced and they are waiting for a final update from Openreach. Completely contradicts that they have earlier told me it's not an Openreach issue because they had confirmed their checks were all ok. Plus all the lights are fine on the ONT box. 

I'm giving them until Wednesday and then I'll have to cancel the contract and go elsewhere. We're on holiday next week and I don't want the added stress of the cooling off period argument.

I'm tearing my hair out!

Hi Caroline 

I was told 2 solid green lights and 1 flashing green light was full connection.  Which I have so no fault with openreach connection.  See what tomorrow brings with my call back from Abdul. It's stressful 😫 

Hi Caroline. So yesterday I got an email saying it was activation day and this can take up till midnight. This morning 6/8 no Internet still. Several phone calls later and apparently the old router was configured not the new router. First chap said it was faulty cables but it's not. He was sending an engineer out next tue 13th. So next chap is configuring the new router. It can take up to midnight or tomorrow. He's phoning back tomorrow. Its actually hilarious.  Meanwhile iv been billed for new fibre broadband which iv never actually got. Passed from pillar to post and back again.  Rediculous way to treat customers.

Hi Ruby,

Sorry to hear that. I had the same activation email last Friday but nothing changed. They've told me all sorts. Now they're apparently waiting for something Openreach are doing.

I just don't believe a word they say. Mine is logged as a complaint and is apparently with the 2nd line engineers but I've had no update today.

It's the worst customer/technical support I've ever dealt with. I honestly don't think they know what the issue or solution is. That's why it would be helpful to know if anyone else had had the same experience and how it was resolved. They're not even giving a timeframe. 

Keep me updated

Hi Caroline. Yes ill keep you updated. I was escalated up the ladder last week and apparently I'm nearly at the top rung. It's this feeling that they're patronising me that's starting to irritate me. Will see what tomorrow brings. It's unbelievable Caroline the lack of expertise that we're facing.  Someone at Vodafone must be able to do their job.

RUBYEMURRAY
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Ssyeed hi 👋

How long did it take for you to actually have an Internet connection?

Janey

Hi @RUBYEMURRAY  and @CarolineCarr30 It's really disappointing to see the journey you've had in getting your service activated. I can only imagine for frustrating it's been and I'm sorry it hasn't been smooth. We'd be more than happy to look into your broadband issue, and whilst the Social Media Team won't be able to investigate from a technical perspective, we can definitely get your complaints escalated to the right team.  Please drop us a message over on our social channels, let the team know you've posted here too and we'll take a closer look.