Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

10 days of issues after every router reset

lufcnproud83
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Does anyone else have problems with their router every time the router is unplugged or there’s been a power cut?

I’ve had to cut the power a couple of times, for installing a EV charger and when the painter was here and without fail, for around ten days after we have issues. The WIFI cuts off at around 0630 in the morning and then two to three times after 2130 on a night.

I’ve had a couple of months with no issues but had to reset my Pro II router yesterday as the Xbox and Switch stopped connecting to the network and sure enough, after 2130 last night and 0630 this morning, I’ve suffered an outtage.

It’s like clockwork and is infuriating! It can’t just be me? 

6 REPLIES 6

billhinge
10: Established

Yes my UltraHub has been resetting 2 or 3 times a day for a couple of weeks at random times. Looking in the log its Vodafones automatic update failing to rest properly after running. This means I have to reset manually when the router light turns red, really annoying.

I don't know if its the same issue you are having since I can't see your logs

infinidim
4: Newbie

Is it actually the WiFi dropping or does the whole router drop out. What I really want to know is it the broadband dropping out randomly after you have had a power cut. If the power cut is for quite a while it might be that the DSLAM (device in the access network) is dropping the connection to get a better quality signal down the line - I know this happens on Openreach provide FTTC copper access that Vodafone use.

Infinidim

billhinge

I'm on FTTP, the line drop for me is due to the automated update failing to finish cleanly. Not the DSLAM (do they still use that term? They were calling them MSAN's at one stage). Don't know about the other person since they never posted any logs. Touch wood the dropouts seem to be down to 1 or less per day, it was happening about 3 times a day at one stage.

MSAN's or multi-service access node have ben put into the BT network and other networks for the last 12 odd years. I can only talk about the BT ones as I was involved with the BT 21st century network. The BT ones allowed connection of various access modes, including DSL and POTS, and supports different services, including broadband, narrowband, and private line services. I think this will be the same with Vodafone. In the case of BT this equipment even allowed the removal of some of the smaller telephone exchanges as we.

Infinidim

Small world, so was I at Martlesham 😉  

I used to go to Martlesham as we had offices on the  top of the tower when I was working for Concert (both the MCI one and the AT&T one).

It is such a small world.

PM me.

Infinidim