Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Back to playing the routing game.

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Very funny vodafone. Close the relevant thread then put me back on the Edinburgh gateway - and my connection was reset to do this. Really really funny. To say I'm pee'd off is an understatement. I should not be getting a better internet connection by tethering with my phone (4G). I'm running a trace now for 24hrs which I'll paste here tomorrow night.

I shouldn't have to connect to a French VPN to get a decent connection to UK servers. And so the saga resumes, part deux............

1.png

53 REPLIES 53

packetloss graph.png

It gets worse what is really concerning is this is what I would consider off peak time and look at the latency spikes already before 8am and packetloss already coming in again

Ripshod

@ZinGeRs wrote:

ZinGeRs_0-1679092374607.png

That is what I have for today yesterday just as bad unusable is a word 

I don't need to wait for your next image to be moderated. That is shocking. Makes my problem pretty trivial tbh

CrimsonLiar

@Ripshod What you need to do though, is run your local BQM and the TBB BQM and make sure they kinda agree with each other.  Personally, I found that the TBB service is affected by demands on their own servers as much as local issues - it's a tool, and a useful tool, but shouldn't be relied upon!

Ripshod

I always used to rely on the tbb bqm but I discovered spdMerlin which shows the problem from my point of view, especially how the routing is actually affecting my speed. Quality looking out rather than looking in. Besides with spdMerlin running the bqm is filled with spikes.

Current bqm (forgot to enable ping til late last night)

966cfdd00a48873dd3e5dc98e50071a2a887e54f.png

Obviously I reported my problems to the lack of xpertise folk, I'm being a bit unfair this guy knew his stuff went back through my closed ticket from before that caused the compensation claim. 

Within minutes came back to me saying they are in his words currently being " flooded with similar complaints"  and I didn't need to put Voda's equipment back on as it wouldn't be that causing the slow speeds, packet loss etc and said the only correlation they can find is it started wed/Thurs for most (that have bqms) but most of the calls started coming in last night and today obviously folk who don't use the net much in the week and most if not all are on the cityfibre network and described it like a spiders web spreading out and affecting all. 

I cannot rule this out being brutally honest as I didn't know my routing had changed until the problem reared its head. It was implied I had been on this routing for quite some time and being honest until midweek my pings had been as low as when I first joined and had watched from a far the previous thread merry-go-round and chose not to get involved in it again 😂

Now this is bizarre for those who really do believe in conspiracy since speaking to them I've had no packetloss yes the latency is still higher than normal but a workable connection. How much of a coincidence though?

ee7ef5e8e120c2ddd53479364ee7493c87aea575 (4).png

Ripshod

It wouldn't surprise me at all.

The team on these forums claim to not be working for Vodafone yet they (or at least some) can post under the official "Vodafone UK" account. I saw it happen but I'm not going to out them now.

Meddling with our service is at the least gross misconduct, so I can't see them doing that.

😜

Ripshod

I'm just wondering if we're going to hear anything from the moderation team here. They're overdue now. 

Jayach

They're just going to say, contact them on social media, so what would be the point?

Ripshod

Yeah I'm expecting that too. But they still have my details from the other thread (closed) and I'm ready with a response. They want info? I got pages for them, including a 40 page csv