Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Back to playing the routing game.

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Very funny vodafone. Close the relevant thread then put me back on the Edinburgh gateway - and my connection was reset to do this. Really really funny. To say I'm pee'd off is an understatement. I should not be getting a better internet connection by tethering with my phone (4G). I'm running a trace now for 24hrs which I'll paste here tomorrow night.

I shouldn't have to connect to a French VPN to get a decent connection to UK servers. And so the saga resumes, part deux............

1.png

53 REPLIES 53

Jayach

Your picture hasn't been moderated yet.

If you have been put on an unsuitable gateway that is regrettable, I can understand that they they have been moving us around, to improve latency, but once you are on a suitable gateway, why move you?

Personally I'm still on Surry Quays, and long may I stay there.

Jayach

I spoke too soon, my broadband just went down for a minute or so, and came back with a new I.P. address, and a new gateway.  

ldscd2-bng-c1 Leeds

Which, as I'm in S. E. Essex is rather odd, Oh well! 

Interestingly it didn't do a reconnect. 

Jayach_0-1679014700060.png

Ripshod

This is getting like a cabinet reshuffle. You're connected to my local gateway 😭

Jayach

Since being swapped from Surry Quays to Leeds, my latency has definitely suffered.

Ripshod

I promised some charts earlier, but I reset my router to make sure none of the custom settings were interfering. 24hrs later some pics.

Speed:

1.PNG

Quality:

2.png

Not much else to say about it.

I'm not going to let this chew me up - it's just one of those things (come back to haunt me).

Ripshod

Compare the above to my French VPN.

Speed:

3.png

Quality:

4.png

Utter joke it is, seem to have moved gateways too. However this is worse than ever before. When it works my connection average latency far higher but now contending with 20% plus packetloss and this appears to be anytime of the day not just evenings like before. The timing is fant bloody tastic too, due to start working from home full time from Monday!! I knew I shouldn't have accepted the financial fob off and pushed for clean break!!

Vodafone get rid of the other thread down to misinformation by a certain someone and conveniently they move us all around!!! You really couldn't make this up

Ripshod

Agreed. The timing of this new round of gateway roulette is ironic - glad I'm not a conspiracy theorist. 

ZinGeRs_0-1679092374607.png

That is what I have for today yesterday just as bad unusable is a word