Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband App Woes

Cynric
16: Advanced member

So after a few days of getting nowhere, today I got through to someone who knew. Long story short he admitted that it is broken.

Perhaps a public announcement would have been nice.

9 REPLIES 9

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Cynric, what's the issue with the app that you're having please? 

Cynric

I've been in contact with customer support already. The Android app does not connect to the THG3000 router. Tried different handsets without any luck. In the end the support guy said that the app doesn't work and wait for the next release.

Oh and another odd thing, when I tried to logon earlier on a browser on my phone it said that my password for this forum was too long, but I don't get this on a PC.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Cynric That's odd, the app is designed to work on both iOS and Android operating systems. So we can take a closer look into this, please contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK, or through Facebook at Vodafone UK with your full name and account number. If you've got any screenshots of the error message you're getting, this will help us identify your issue more quickly.

Cynric

Hi @Mark,

I have spend time with Facebook and the VF web page assistants.

I have tried Android 8 and 10.

I put a packet inspector on my local LAN and checked that all requests were being served by DNS/DHCP.

I have explained to the VF colleagues that there are no visible UI errors on the device, with the exception of the text "Pairing failed".

The colleague who spent time with me from the VF web chat said that the app is broken (I have a screen grab at home of this).

As I said to your colleagues, you don't get over 2,000 bad reviews in the Android/Google store without there being some kind of issue.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sure we'll be able to get you back into your Broadband app @Cynric, if you can reply to our latest message on Facebook we'll be happy to pick this up again for you. 

Cynric

@Mark that link resolves only to the homepage.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Cynric I've not been able to find your message to us - please ensure you include your Community username in your Facebook message to us and I can check on the progress of your query. 

Cynric

@Natasha I will try later. Cannot access social media from work.

Cynric

@Natasha also @Mark put a link earlier that didn't link to anything more than the messenger homepage.