Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Service Test never completes

DUNKM
2: Seeker

My Broadband is down and I am directed to run a test on line after logging into my account. (After hotspotting to my Mobile) It says it will take no more than 5 mins and a red progress bar moves to the right gradually moving finally saying after it completes that : 

Your test hasn't finished yet

Please go back to the test and wait for it to finish - this shouldn't take longer than five minutes.

Back to test

This happens time and time again. I haven't moved off the test but it says go back to the test but I never left it. Aaaahhhh.
11 REPLIES 11

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Are you on FTTC or FTTP?

Either way you will need to report the fault to Vodafone,

If it's not back tomorrow morning call on 08080 034 515 or use live chat, https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

Ripshod

Even if your broadband was up the test will never complete while hotspotting to a mobile network.

Contact customer support

https://vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd 

I also did it on my mobile and it still failed. What's the point in having a test if you can't run it on another device not on your line that is down anyway and you can't get on line to access it?

Jayach

@Ripshod wrote:
Even if your broadband was up the test will never complete while hotspotting to a mobile network.

I didn't think that could be true, so I just tried it and it works fine whilst hotspotting to my phone.

The test is from Vodafone's servers out to our lines, so it doesn't really matter where you test it from.

Jayach_0-1700400970525.png

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/broadband-support/slow-broadband-2

Ripshod

We're talking about vodafone's broadband test. How is testing over another network a test of your Vodafone broadband connection? 

Depending on the mobile network operator it may or may not complete - but it's still not testing the broadband connection. 

Jayach

@Ripshod wrote:

We're talking about vodafone's broadband test. How is testing over another network a test of your Vodafone broadband connection? 

Depending on the mobile network operator it may or may not complete - but it's still not testing the broadband connection. 

Yes, but as the test is from Vodafone's servers out to the individual line (that's why you have to be logged in, so it knows what line to test), it should be able to diagnose where the failure is and can automatically generate a fault call.

In @DUNKM case, the fact it's timing out seem to be stopping it from raising the call, so they will need to do it manually by phone or live chat.

Ripshod

It's to test your broadband connection. If you're not connected there's no way to test it.

Your connection is down, report it via that link. 

Ripshod

Okay, let me put it another way. You can't test your broadband connection when it's down because it won't connect to the test server. The actual test is from vodafone's servers. 

Bvertly

I have exactly the same issue with the online test. I have never been able to get one of the tests to successfully complete after weeks of trying. I'm of the opinion that it is just badly designed and doesn't work for anyone.

I know I'm not offering help with your issue. I just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one facing issues with the online test that's available through the my Vodafone account.