Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband down, support closed

glennevis
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My voda broadband has gone down tonight. Looks like I can't get through to customer support at this time of night. When I phone in and specify broadband problem I just get 'no support' message and the suggestion to go to vodafone.co.uk/contactus then get cut off.

Tobi appears to be asleep so how do I get the attention of someone in support to do a DLM reset?

I'm trying to work tonight and I have very limited mobile data so need the line restored asap.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, when you can't get through, you can't get through, and if trying to contact official support then these boards are probably the slowest, least reliable option.  Tobi as far as I'm aware appears to be brain dead at the best of times!

As for a solution, while remaining a VF customer, I don't think there is one!

Cynric
16: Advanced member

I wonder, noooo surely just a coincidence ... https://www.theregister.com/2021/04/20/vodafone_india_bgp_hijack/

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @glennevis, We offer support 24/7 through our online chat and social media channels. If you still need help, or you have a problem at such a late hour again, just pop us a message we're always happy to help 😊

gipjon

@Mark wrote:

Hey @glennevis, We offer support 24/7 through our online chat and social media channels. If you still need help, or you have a problem at such a late hour again, just pop us a message we're always happy to help 😊

Well, that clever mark. the customer writes my internet does not work and  I don't have much data. @Mark wrote: go on the internet and use the rest of the little data you have left to internet chat on your social dm. Just to be told sorry you need to ring our tech phone number after spending 10 min to try and pass the security 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder what that kind of error would have looked like if it had been allowed to propagate in a smaller way for an extended period?  I dunno, maybe providing endpoint errors for people using VFs own DNS servers?  That seems to tie in with some of the issues that were being commonly reported here at the time!

I do know that around that time using DNS Bench the VF servers were supplying an inordinate number of incorrect endpoints - compared to none right now!