Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband dropping out constantly

acon1234
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

i have been with vodafone for just under a week now. When the broadband is working correctly, the speeds are very good and i’m getting more than my estimated speeds. However, speeds are quite useless when the internet is down a few times an hour.

The internet drops every 20 or so minutes throughout the day. This isn’t just over wi-fi either. It is happening through ethernet on my PC.

I have tried restarting the router, factory resetting it, a couple different microfiltere, splitting the SSID to try using a 5GHz connection and still no improvement.

What else is there to try? I have called support a couple of times but they have been useless, trying the regular troubleshooting and then when they fail to find a fix promise a callback which never happens. Am I in my right to change provider as I am within the 14 day cooling off period? I didnt have this issue with a BT or Sky.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

33 REPLIES 33

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Tim-123 

Sounds like we need to do some further investigation on why your Broadband keeps dropping out!

Can you drop us a message over on Social with a link to this thread?

We'll need to access your account and do some tests on your line 😊

Thank you. That's done. I hope to hear something from somebody soon.

Your colleague on Facebook instructed me to split the SSID and see how that goes for at least 24 hours.

The service continues to be awful.  8 drops yesterday between 13:30 and 17:30 alone. I was kept offline in that period for about 25% of the time.

Today I have already been kicked offline by a flashing reuter 4 times in the last 25 minutes

Your colleague advised that if splitting the SSID didn't help, then some checks would need to be done at Vodafone's end.

I'd say it's time to do those checks now please.

Your colleague on Facebook instructed me to split the SSID and see how that goes for at least 24 hours.

The service continues to be awful.  8 drops yesterday between 13:30 and 17:30 alone. I was kept offline in that period for about 25% of the time.

Today I have already been kicked offline by a flashing router 4 times in the last 25 minutes

Your colleague advised that if splitting the SSID didn't help, then some checks would need to be done at Vodafone's end.

I'd say it's time to do those checks now please.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Tim-123 wrote:

Today I have already been kicked offline by a flashing router 4 times in the last 25 minutes

If your router is randomly reconnecting (as mine is) what good would splitting the WiFi do?

Typical Vodafone response they don't know the difference between a WiFi drop and a line drop.

I agree with you. He said it was "trouble-shooting" and he would not proceed until I had done it.

Well, I did it and have been getting kicked offline every 5-10 minutes all day. 

Perhaps Vodafone will fix this? If not, there's no way I can justify considering renewing my contract with them.

Jayach

Mine only drops 2 or 3 times a day, sometimes it can go a full day without dropping, if I was suffering it every 5-10 minutes I would be furious. At least I'm waiting for a call from 3rd line, hopefully they will be a little more sensible.

Hi Gemma,

The agent on social media bought some time by telling be I had to split by SSID and leave it for at least 24 hours to see how that worked...

Obviously, it didn't help. I have tried to message back so that you can run your tests, but I am getting no response.

I have contacted the complaints department and have not even received acknowledgement of my email.

Please can you help? My connection continues to drop around 10 times per day - and has been doing so for a month. :Sad_face:

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Tim-123 apologies for our delay in getting back to you, we've been extremely busy here and it's taking us longer than expected to reply to everyone. If you've still not had a response to your reply, pop me your social ID and I'll get this chased. If you'd prefer not to post this publicly,  pop it in your personal information and just you and our moderators will be able to view it.

Thank you, Mark.

The easiest way to locate me on Facebook is with my email address, which I think you have? If you don't have it, please let me know and I will post it.