Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband dropping out constantly

acon1234
3: Seeker

Hi

i have been with vodafone for just under a week now. When the broadband is working correctly, the speeds are very good and i’m getting more than my estimated speeds. However, speeds are quite useless when the internet is down a few times an hour.

The internet drops every 20 or so minutes throughout the day. This isn’t just over wi-fi either. It is happening through ethernet on my PC.

I have tried restarting the router, factory resetting it, a couple different microfiltere, splitting the SSID to try using a 5GHz connection and still no improvement.

What else is there to try? I have called support a couple of times but they have been useless, trying the regular troubleshooting and then when they fail to find a fix promise a callback which never happens. Am I in my right to change provider as I am within the 14 day cooling off period? I didnt have this issue with a BT or Sky.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

We aren't able to search our systems with an email address unfortunately @Tim-123. If you'd like to confirm your Social ID as @Mark has advised, we'd be happy to get an update on this for you 👌

Hi Jack,

Sure, I'm very happy to do that, but please could you tell me what "Social ID" means in terms of Facebook, if it's not my email address. I imagine it's not simply my name, since that's shared by thousands of people on Facebook? Do you want me to post a link to my Facebook page here?

Sorry for my being confused,

Tim

acon1234

UPDATE.

I spoke to vodafone who told me to factory reset the router, which I did and now I dont have any internet at all. The router power and internet lights have been flashing red for the last 2 hours.

I then spoke to them again and they told me that there is a fault on my line which should have been fixed yesterday. Why did they wait until now to tell me that? My go live date was the 14th of June but my internet has been very poor since then and now I dont have any at all. 

He just told me to wait 48 hours and it will be working. I dont believe him however because I have heard the same line feom about 5 agents on live chat and it never seems to work. They always “assure” me. I have to say this is the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

I am giving vodafone one more chance. If my broadband isn’t working in 48 hours flawlessly i’m off to sky. 

they won't fix anything they just lie too you believe me I know. you still have time to get out .. good luck with sky I will be joining you at the first opportunity