Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband dropping out

STEVENSPIBY1
2: Seeker

Can anybody help broadband dropping report it to vodafone all they say is they have fixed it but the fault is still there dropping again. BT called on thursday they said they have fixed the fault but yet again still dropping.

13 REPLIES 13

Steph

Hi @STEVENSPIBY1 I hope you're well and having a nice week! I'm sorry to hear that your recent broadband fault is still ongoing. 

If our Tech team have advised that the issue is resolved but you're still experiencing the same problem, we need to get this escalated for you. In order to do that we need to securely take some account details. Could you please drop a message to our Social Media team here with your account number and your fault reference number if you know it.

gipjon
16: Advanced member

I would phone vodafone up and ask to escalate a complaint to the directors office . The directors office will take over the handling of the faults and sort the issue out you are facing 

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the meantime, I'd start keeping a diary of when the dropouts occur.  I've noticed a marked drop in download throughput for about 30 seconds at a time at 23:00, 23:30, 00:00, 00:30, and 01:00. It may happen at other times too, but almost spot on every 30mins starting at 11pm!

I've been holding back from mentioning this while I make sure that it's nothing on my own network that is causing this (including changing my connection monitor target, deliberately lowering my (already less than brilliant) connection speed, and logging total WAN traffic local throughput.  There is plenty here that could cause such an issue, so I've really had to rule out that it's my own equipment causing the problem before joining conversations on this!

roylee43

I am suffering the same thing and I am waiting for open reach to come out to check  things out, I am fairly new to vodafone and before I was with post office and did not have any problems at all

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @roylee43, I'm sorry to see the start of your time with us hasn't been a smooth one. If there's a problem with your line, I'm sure the engineer will get to the bottom of this when he visits you. 

gipjon

Good evening moderator mark i thought you had left vodafone 

Are you still getting drops in download throughput keith

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the opportunity to have a thorough play tonight with the only internet-enabled device being the main router and running speedtests to stress the connection directly from that router.  I've then had DslStats monitoring the (hg612 via LAN2) modem from a second machine (not connected to the router or the internet).

Tonight at 22:30, 23:00, and 23:30 for about 10secs each time, the download speeds fell through the floor with no indication that it was anything on the local network.

What's going on?  The only clue is that it really does look like a cron job of some sort, but with the lack of data I can scrape its impossible to tell if it's a VF or OR problem!

gipjon

The reason i ask is because i have some thing similar.  I have never recorded the time ( never noticed it in the daytime ) . it is like someone has press pause for around 10 seconds and then every thing continue luckily i only notice it a couple of times a week. I did try to ask vodafone tec department what is was when i was on the call about a different issue but thats a joke because as soon as you start talking technical they dont even know what you are even talking about.  How can you have a technical department with non technical staff. And next to none training .

I have just had the strangest conversation with vodafone, after the openreach engineer had done his tests and found no external faults he found faults with the router and said that he would report his findings and in the meantime I could speed things up by ringing vodafone and telling them of his findings, the operator I spoke to AMHER asked me to push a pin into the router to reset it- I refused and he told me that they would monitor the broadband for 24 hrs because they have had instances where the engineer was wrong, to say that I was gobsmacked is an understatement, if this is what I can expect it's going to be a long contract period