Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband keeps disconnecting several times an hour

GJA
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, my high speed braodband stopped working last week, after days of messing about on the phone with the call centre repeatedly asking me to perform clearly pointless tasks with cables and boxes etc. an Openreach engineer finally attended and diagnosed several problems causing intermitten loops. We now have a new Mk4 socket, new phone filter, cables, new main inlet cable connections in to the house and a full internal wiring check. This seemed to cure the problem for a couple of days, but now we are losing internet several times an hour and getting the "no connection restart your router" message, This reconnects the broadband, or if you leave it for a minute it reconnects itself. 

I would like to eliminate the router (in every sense!) how do I get a new router without spending days on the phone being asked to perform pointless tests again ..... I work and am busy plus my sanity cannot take it. Any help would be appreciated, thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

It’s important to know what your rights are when it comes to your broadband service - especially if you’re unhappy with vodafone .  Ombudsman Service and Ofcom has very clear rules.

first of all you don't pay for a router to use vodafone broadband it is up to vodafone to make sure your equipment that is provided to you should be fit for purpose. If equipment supplied is faulty and vodafone does not remedy the issue promptly then you have good grounds for complaint. vodafone should cover all costs even if it means paying for a third party router because the vodafone router wont work on your line which vodafone has already acknowledged that the issues is current , 

You are entitled to compensation and you need to take this up with the complaints department to work out how much you are entitled to at 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints/code-of-practice

if you are still having issues and are paying for sevices you are simple not getting then you can request to leave for free 

ofcom.jpgcompansaion.jpg

View solution in original position

44 REPLIES 44

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Sneill90  we would love to get to the bottom of this for you. You shouldn't be disconnecting so often, there may be something in the line that's causing this. Please reach out to us on social media so we can look into this further for you.

Facebook - Vodafone UK

Twitter - @VodafoneUK 

I know this is an old thread, but has it been fully resolved yet?

I am experiencing the same problem and am close to giving up and changing my supplier.

But here are my thoughts on the problem.

Vodafone seem to provide the broadband from a number of locations and they keep changing those locations several times a day.

For instance, I get targetted adverts for services "in my location", which could be shown as Manchester, Coventry, Leicester, etc.

The broadband nearly always drops out at around midnight, and straight after that, the location has changed.

Is this causing the problem?

I bought my own router and that fixed things. The only thing that resolved the issue.

What make of router did you buy?

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @coooperman 

I know how important it is to have a stable internet connection. If you're router is dropping out on a regular basis, we'll be able to have look into why this is happening. Please can you pop us a message over Social Media? You can find out how to here