Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connecting a Netgear D7800 to FTTP service

MACH1
4: Newbie

Our broadband has just been upgraded from FTTC to FTTP and I am trying to reconnect using my Netgear D7800, which was running fine on the old FTTC service.    I have contacted Vodafone and got the new PPPoE account details and new password, and have changed teh Netgear configuration page to reflect this, but it is still not connecting.   Can anyone advise if any  other changes are needed to the configuration?   Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Were you using the Nighthawk on fttc too? The reason I ask is the pppoe login changes with the upgrade and your new details won't show on their system for a few days. 

Jayach

@Ripshod wrote:

the pppoe login changes with the upgrade and your new details won't show on their system for a few days. 

I am aware from previous posts, that the PPPoE details change when you upgrade, but surely if Vodafone have given out the changed details they should be operative immediately?

Ripshod

Perhaps. But we're talking about Vodafone here. 

Jayach

I would assume they get the details from the system, but as you say, it is Vodafone, so who knows.

THis hadn't occurred to me, but given the ##~##-ups Vodafone have made with my upgrade I should not have overlooked it!   :Smiling:

A pleasant surprise, the new Vodafone router has now arrived - even though they said it would be Monday!  I have been able to check that at least the line HAS been fully activated - Now to try my Netgear D7800.

Jayach

@MACH1 wrote:
A pleasant surprise, the new Vodafone router has now arrived - even though they said it would be Monday!  I have been able to check that at least the line HAS been fully activated - Now to try my Netgear D7800.

Is it a THG3000? And is that not what you had before?

🤞on the D7800.

Ripshod

@MACH1 There is a setting on the router somewhere where you select WAN or DSL. It's been a while but I can unbox mine and find it if you can't. There's also Netgear Genie - a run through that should find the correct settings. 

Jayach

@Ripshod wrote:
@MACH1 There is a setting on the router somewhere where you select WAN or DSL.

Good thinking, I missed that it was previously being used on FTTC.

Possibly worth a factory reset and start again.

I have just found something that looks promising under the WAN configuration tab. I am hoping it has now switched from DSL to WAN - so will give it another try.  Fingers crossed!