Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connection dropping every night after 9pm numerous times daily

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I'm having a problem with my Vodafone Home Broadband.

In the last 3 months I've had an issue where my broadband connection keeps fully dropping off the network. This happens every night without fail, and it usually begins at 21:00PM through to about mid-night. It happens on average 5 times each evening between those hours. Each of the average 5 connection drop outs can last between 30 seconds - 5 minutes. This is a consistent evening problem.

When it happens the router shows a blinking white light on the Internet light, which will then turn to a red light, which then goes back to a solid white light once the connection works again.

I've attempted to sort it twice through Live Chat but have not had any luck.

I have conducted resets of the router numerous times, I have tested the line numerous times, I have completed all the self-help checks and online guides numerous times but I've had no luck fixing this issue.

The problem happens regardless of whether the device is connected via Wi-Fi or using an Ethernet cable.

I've been with Vodafone Home Broadband for just over 12 months, and this issue has only started happening in approximately the last 3 months. 

Any suggestions on how to fix? Or is there a team I can pointed to the direction of to investigate this further?

Thanks in advance,

Lee

5 REPLIES 5

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous! I'm sorry you're having issues with your broadband. I'd like to get this investigated further with you. We're unable to access accounts over the forum, however, please contact our Social Media team and they'd be happy to help. If you pop them over a link to the thread in your message you won't need to repeat yourself 🙂

traceysoraby
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

hi I am having the same issue ,, at 9 pm ,, I. Resting restarting rebooting and its driving me nuts

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I really would suggest starting your own thread, tagging on the end of a 2 year old thread, where the OP has obviously left the forum, is unlikely to get much help.

As much information as you can give about the problem will help.

I don't really know what I'm doing ,,, I just Google that it's dropping at 9 pm and it brought this up , I have just got full fibre , I will ring Vodafone Tom and speak to some one ,,

Jayach

You can either use live chat https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/ or call 08080 034 515.

Hopefully they can help, but disconnecting at 9pm is a very odd fault,. Do let us know how you get on.