Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connection keeps disconnecting...like a lot of others here

Privateofcourse
4: Newbie

Update (edited for brevity)

Like a number of others here that have posted here, I have been with Vodafone for broadband and phone (Superfast2) for just a few months now. Switching over from Virgin Media was a great headache to be honest, with all the hiccups along the way, but aside of that (and the many, many phone calls) I decided to ride it all out and see how it panned out. It's certainly turning out to be a very mixed bag! Spectacularly unstable connection (connection drop outs all of the time) and speed fluctuations from 19Mbps to 48Mbps. Which is no good at all.

It would be good to have some reassurance that the speed issues and the drop outs are actually known about, that they are acknowledged as being a problem and are being addressed and that some time frame is floating about for fixing them. I'm afraid at the moment my head is telling me over and over that the decision to move to Vodafone broadband was a bad one.

3 REPLIES 3

Privateofcourse
4: Newbie

This has become an absolute nightmare! The drop outs are coming in thick and fast. Totally ridiculous and infuriating and prevents me using the connection normally, and especially for anything important like device firmware updates etc.

Please, please, please can someone help with this. I am going to have to resort to using my mobile phone as an AP and using my tablet to connect to the Internet as the mobile DATA connection is more stable than my home Superfast2 broadband. Very fed up indeed!

Edit: and on top of that the speed still rubbish...on a wired - ethernet - connection:

Your speed test has completed. Your download speed is 22.92,
Your upload speed is 18.72, and your ping time took 15 milliseconds.
Thank you for using Ookla Speedtest.

u

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Privateofcourse If you're continuing to experience issues after following our help guide, please send our team a message on Facebook or Twitter. We'll be able to get to the bottom of this for you :Thumbs_Up:

Hello Natasha. I don't have a Twitter or Facebook account.