Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

DLM Reset

sully1311
4: Newbie

Is it possible to get my DLM reset? My sync speed seems to be fixed at 48997kbps and doesn't budge after a reconnect after 28 days of uptime. My speed was previously up at 63Mbit/s but after a power cut the speed has dramatically dropped and DLM seems to have capped my speed.

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @sully1311 Have you tried resetting your router since the power cut? You can do this by following these steps; - Place a paper clip or pin into the hole on the back of the Router labelled Reset. - Hold paper clip or pin down for 10 to 15 seconds until all the lights begin flashing and then release. - The router will reboot on its own. Please allow up to 30 minutes for the signal to settle.

If this doesn't help, I'd recommend reaching out to our social media team here, and we can run some line tests for you to see if there are any deeper line faults here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DLM is managed by the OpenReach cabinet and not the router, so resetting the router will do nothing.

A quick(ish) solution that can sometimes work is to turn the modem/router off for 30+ minutes.

30 minutes is long enough that you shouldn't get any additional DLM management kicking in, and if the line has been good for a while, your modem and the OR cabinet should at least have a go at re-negotiating.

It may work, it might not, but it's often worth a try!

Neither the reset or unplugging for 30 minutes made any effect. Still syncs at exactly 48997kbps. Discarding these attempts, I would have 32 days of uptime now. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member

What is your download SNR, that would tell if you have scope for a higher sync speed.

Hi Jayach,

It’s currently 7.3db (I think the Margaux is set to 6db), it always hovers around this throughout the day and night. It currently says the max rate is 53116kbps but if I did resync it would just sync at 48997 again. 

My SNR has previously been 3db before the powercut and had a sync speed above 63mbit/s

Jayach

That does have scope for a higher sync then. My experience has been after a reboot the SNR is 6.3 and after about 10 days it reboots and drops to 5.9, but that gives me a sync of 80 so may have dropped a little lower if I hadn't reached max sync.

Are you getting the 15% discount, if you have to live with a lower sync may as well save some money.

Just to give an update, yes I am receiving the 15% discount. 

16 days of uptime and no change.

Jayach

You could try using chat or phoning on 08080 034 515 and asking if they could request a DLM reset from Openreach. I wouldn't bother using social media. Chat will probably be faster. I can't imagine you getting more than the current Max.

Hi Jayach,

I’ll give it a couple more weeks to see if anything changes.

As I said previously, I was up to over 63Meg with a 3db SNR margin before the power cut.