cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fibre broadband via FTTC and possible crossed wires, is it possible.??

Smudger444
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Dear Vodafone, 

For over two years I have suffered a reducing Super Fibre speed via FTTC, initially we had received around the 50mbs mark and not below 40mbs, but months ago, all to soon after a hiccup we are now at the 28 to 35mbs from the pole outside our house, (fault reported).

My neighbour on the same pole as us, who has me organize her computer and broadband, is paying for and receiving the lower 36mbs Standard Faster Fibre service from the same FTTC , and there speed at router should result at, 25 to 30mbs, but after a similar hiccup, it isn't,  there's is running at a staggering 40mbs.   This is totally IMPOSSIBLE, given the 0.5mile from the cabinet, and a 36mbs standard fibre service.

I know its strange but is it possible this neighbour's receiving our superfast fibre broadband .??

I've checked another neighbour whom I've helped who is on same standard faster fibre 36mbs service, and there's is correct at the router at 25 to 28mbs as you would expect from one pole further away from same FTTC cabinet.

Is it conceivable, Openreach have ported incorrectly during our last cabinet changes, and if it is, how do I report this, Vodafone have reported our fault, but how do I get Openreach to act on my suspension of a correct super fibre feed to the wrong property.??

Any ideas..??

Kingfisher 

3 REPLIES 3

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

We'd need to run some diagnostics on your line and take a closer look into this for you @Smudger444. Please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

Dear TJ.

Thank you for replying.

How to contact is a problem I don't have /use facebook. I email. I text. I
talk. But sorry no Facebook.

I can reply on the community or change contact number from mobile to
landline number in personal details on Voda community. Does that help?

TJ

As we're part of the Social Media team here on the Vodafone Community @Smudger444 - we deal with any account specific queries via our social channels. You can always give our Broadband team a call on: 03333 040 191 

Alternatively, you can speak to an adviser using Live Chat. Either team will be happy to take a closer look into your speeds and run some diagnostics on your line.