Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Firestick/vodafone connection page

Zozomarie83
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

An engineer visited my elderly dad's home last week to carry out upgrade installations and since then when he's tried to use his firestick it won't budge past the reconnect webpage that it brings up...

So I put password in off the back of the hub like it wants then this other page pops up with a vodafone hub on it saying - click to reconnect, simple enough yet all it does is click it won't load anything else up or even try so we are stuck on this page.

Its not his firestick either as I even took mine over to try a new device to his home and still the same happens...anyone had this before? 

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Little bit difficult to understand just what is going on.

Firstly just what upgrade occurred?

I no longer have a Firestick to check, but when connecting to the Wi-Fi I wouldn't expect "other page pops up with a vodafone hub on it saying - click to reconnect!". That sounds like something running in a browser.

Is the broadband working apart from that? Does he have any other devices connected over Wi-Fi?

Jayach

I'm suspecting that the Vodafone router isn't even connected to the internet, (assuming he has the THG3000 router, is the Internet LED solid white?) and so when you try to use it it brings up the router's firmware interface to enable you to troubleshoot the problem.

If  the upgrade was to go to Full Fibre, then probably the cable is connected to the wrong socket on the router, or it's the wrong cable,

Did the engineer test it at the time?