Ask

Solution

Forum blocked on vf broadband

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Houston, we have a problem

Screenshot_2024-07-22-12-51-58-28_c0dc27f5c07cb0fb3541d6073dfd6932.jpg

Only these forums, and only on vf broadband (for me). The main domain is fine. Typing this on my mobile.

Anyone else? 

34 REPLIES 34

Ripshod

Yh, I know. It's not the website though, it's the network between site and user. Working fine over mobile (as you well know) and over VPN. Seems longer but it's only been a couple of weeks - that's nothing with vodafone 😁

Ripshod

It's getting worse. Currently there are only four vodafone Ookla speedtest servers available in the uk. My last successful test to the Manchester server was 11:15 2nd August.

Is the network falling apart or what? 

Maybe a separate issue but I haven't been able to run ookla whilst connected to VF for about 10 days. Just opens, then crashes. Fast.com works, but ookla fails 100% of the time.

😵💫Steve

My network speed dropped by about 30% for a week or 2 but just checked and its back to fullspeed at 974Mps, Ookla always seems slower than other servers to me, I get 921 Mbs with Watford

billhinge_1-1722802393449.png

Yorkshireal
2: Seeker

Am I missing something? Apparently somebody has posted something that's been accepted as a solution?

Cynric

@Yorkshireal Half-way down page 2 is where it was likely to be where the solution was un-ticked.

Yorkshireal

Thanks Cynric - yes, the solved tick was removed on page 2, but the email header to which I replied a few minutes ago was "A reply to a topic you are following has been accepted as a solution!"

Cynric

@Yorkshireal That'll be the forum software then.

Ripshod

I caught the rather large "Best Answer?" button when scrolling on my phone, then immediately cancelled it. You never see how awkward these new style forums are to navigate on a mobile phone until you have to use one to access the blooming forums. 

addyrazz
4: Newbie

I can only connect to vodafone forums using a VPS, for some reason in a normal browser window it redirects to local host, only on vodafone forums though weirdly!