Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to get a deadlock letter due to continually dropping broadband

ninjin
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since the major outage in oct 2021 (i'm in greater london) the broadband at my home has continuously dropped daily since.  I know it drops at least 3 times a day and always once between 7pm-10pm.  Sometimes the router goes flashing red and I get the vodafone router page, sometimes it just sorts itself out.  

I have done the online chat numerous times and they just follow their script and end up at the same place as the previous chat, " Thanks for waiting as I have just checked this for you the team is already working on the issue and the backend team has already started working on the issue and they will get this sorted for you in 72 Hours" .

Today, I actually called, rather than online chat and the result was much the same.  

The customer support operator named 'Akhil' from 'home broadband tech team, first line' even said he would call me back within 30mins.... Of course he hasn't.....

I am at the end of my tether now as I am just being fobbed off and the connection was perfect until we had the major outage.

I keep telling them you need to send in Openreach as there is a physical problem but it just lands on deaf ears.

Can anyone help me out!

Thanks in adavnce.

8 REPLIES 8

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ninjin! I'm sorry to hear about your connection issues. We're unable to access accounts over the forum and we'll need to do this to investigate the issue with you. I'd recommend contacting our Social Media team here, whilst they'll need to go through the previous troubleshooting steps you've likely already followed, as it's a checklist we need to follow, if you've already had your line monitored for 72 hours through other channels, we can bypass this wait in the system to get a ticket raised for you sooner. 

To avoid having to repeat yourself too much, please add the link to this thread to your message to the team. You'll also need to include your full name, date of birth, postcode, and account or landline number. You'll be greeted by the bot, so please select the options "Get Started" and "Asked to DM" to be routed through to an agent 

Cynric
16: Advanced member

.@ninjin 

If your complaint hasn't been resolved within eight weeks, or you’re not happy with the outcome, you can make a formal complaint to CISAS, an Ofcom approved dispute resolution scheme.

This is a free, impartial service for communications consumers. It will investigate customer complaints and its decision is binding, so Vodafone would have to pay up if it found in your favour.

Call: 0207 520 3814, email cisas[at]cedr.com or write to CISAS: Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution, 70 Fleet Street, London, EC4Y 1EU.

tomba59
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi ninjin,

I've had the same issues since installation in May 2021.

Initially the fault was that the OpenReach engineer had linked my SuperFast2 to the street cabinet but "had forgotten to activate the fibre"(?). The Vodafone engineer sorted it the following week after many phone calls and tests. We still have an erratic wireless connection and the Vodafone Box flashes RED for internet when there is an issue. Happens pretty much every day between 5 and 6pm (and some shorter random times). 

I've logged the issue again and the online explanation is "cabinet issue", hopefully sorted within 72 hours.

I believe FULL FIBRE is coming soon to all SuperFast2 customers (same contract price) but I've read from others with the same "dropout issues" that a new replacement ROUTER is the only solution. Fingers crossed!

Just an update.  Vodafone actually called me back after logging the complaint via facebook.  They sent a new router and was installed 24hrs ago.  I have not noticed any drop out since the new router.

However, I am still very annoyed that it has taken a post on this forum to get a solution when many people like me before just get read out the standard call centre script when we have contacted the support team.  I think I spoke to them 5 times and just got fed the same script.  

I know that Vodafone want to save costs but to just keep repeating the same script will drive many customers away.

They sent a new router and was installed 24hrs ago.  I have not noticed any drop out since the new router.

Thanks for the update. I was advised on Community back in June 2021 that this would probably have to be my way to get a solution too. I think I'll have to persuade them to send me a new router as my wife and daughter are sick of the "dropout" on the TV,  their tablet and their laptop. I don't use a tablet nor laptop :Smiling:

Jayach

@tomba59

From what you say, it sounds like the problem is on the Wi-Fi rather than the actual broadband connection.

A replacement router may cure it, but many people on here say the the Wi-Fi on the THG3000 isn't up to the job (I'm not one of them, I think it's more than acceptable for an ISP supplied router)

The best thing to do would be to get a half decent mesh, and connect it to the THG3000 in AP mode.

If you do get a replacement router out of Vodafone, let us know if it cures it or not.

for me, it was not the wifi (I run TP Link Deco on backhaul) , it was the physical connection to the outside wrong having a problem. 48hours now and not noticed any dropout of broadband. Not sure why the broadband problem occured at the same time as the major outage, maybe what they done to fix the outage wasn't well received with the old router (HHG250).  I now have the current THG3000.

Jayach

@ninjin

Glad your problem seems to be resolved. In your case it would appear to have been a faulty router, Anyone still using the HHG2500 should really be offered an upgrade to the THG3000 if they are having problems. It's an easy way to eliminate/prove the router.

@tomba59

Do you know if the problems you are having are line drops or just Wi-Fi disconnections?

If it is on the line, it will be being recorded in the router. If you log in to the router the drops (if they are occurring) will be recorded as "No of cuts" in the Status & Support tab under DSL Status. Like this:

Jayach_0-1643363090484.png

If there is nothing showing there it sounds like if must be Wi-Fi. Do you have any wired devices, and are they experiencing drops at the same time?

Edit: Looking at your posts again, you say the router flashes red when the problem occurs, so that would indicate a line fault. (or faulty router) Sorry should have noticed that earlier.

Have you tried with it in the test socket to eliminate any possibility of problems with wiring at your end?

2nd Edit: @tomba59

I notice you have posted in a few different threads. If you start your own, we could work through the possibilities, it may give give you more information to press Vodafone for a new router as the easiest way to eliminate that as the fault.