Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet keeps dropping and reconnecting

GV599
2: Seeker

Hi, I few months ago I was out of contract I had decided to downgrade my Vodafone broadband from Full Fibre 100 migration only to Full Fibre 2 (now called Full Fibre 80).  

However ever since downgrading my broadband internet connection keeps dropping and reconnecting randomly. 

Doing video calls the connection drops and reconnects a number of times which is increasingly frustrating.

Furthermore my WiFi signal across my house isn't as strong prior to downgrading i.e. I can't connect from other side of house whereas I could prior to downgrading.

From what I have read on the Vodafone website is Full Fibre 80 is 80mbps and Full fibre 100 is 100mbps.

So is the problems I am experiencing with my internet connection dropping and reconnecting due to the lower speed and me downgrading?

Also why would the lower speed affect as I am on Fibre which is supposedly more faster than Copper?

Any advice please?

Thanks GDave 

4 REPLIES 4

Mike

@GV599 I am sorry to hear about the internet speeds that you are receiving,  You can check to see if there is a known broadband issue in the area here 👉 https://vodafone.uk/networksc and you can run further checks on your lines using the Broadband Test Tool here 👉 https://vodafone.uk/2krM6Lw 

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@BAwejaMedia Waiting for the "I got this" follow-up.

GV599

Hi Mike, I have tried both links and no issues in my area or on my line. I have also restarted my router and ONT box but to no avail.

Is the fact I am on a lower speed Fibre due to downgrading causing these disconnections and reconnections when I am using the internet connection?

Jayach

@GV599 wrote:
Furthermore my WiFi signal across my house isn't as strong prior to downgrading i.e. I can't connect from other side of house whereas I could prior to downgrading.

The strength of the Wi-Fi signal is simply a function of the router, assuming you are still using the same router, there is no reason why the Wi-Fi should perform differently.