Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet light flashing white

Rbrock002
3: Seeker

Hi,

I have upgraded my fibre from superfast to superfast two and received a new router in the process.

My internet is still working on my old router however when I plug in my new router the internet goes red the white to connect but then flashes white. When I connect to the router page it says 'no connection no ip'

I have tried factory testing the router  from the firmware. 

I have connected the router to the test socket and used the same cables from the old router which still work.

There is no problems with the internet as this is fines only the new router. It appears to be a faulty router as though it's not authenticating I cannot see any login detail in the router which my be different from the old router. 

I've tried to report this online however I been asked to go through no relevant check about changing the wireless channel and resetting the setting on my computer which I know has nothing to do with this issue.

I have checked the router logs and this mentions it cannot get an address - I've copied the error below.

Please can someone advise if there could be a password and user details on this router which could be causing an authentication issue or if this still is not syncing how do I arrange to swap the router as it appears to be faulty.

Thank you

Richard Brock

22 REPLIES 22

Rbrock002

This is the message on the router logs.

22:46:08
Category: System
CONNECTION: Failed to create socket.
SOCK_TRACE: cwmp_createClientSocket - no ip to bind to on interface wan - fail
UBUS_CLIENT: Failed to retrieve external IP address

Where do you get this log out of interest? I'd like to try find mine?

It in expert mode then status and then you will see event logs

Hello RBROCK002

I have the exact same issue, for the last nine days got 4 gigafast techs looking at it and they have no idea just keep being told that the order hasnt closed did you ever find out what was the cause of your issue or how it was fixed, would love to fone vodafone and tell them how to sort out this mess

I switched to Vodafone 2 days ago and got flashing white internet light.   had the same experience of promises they can't keep from Vodafone support also (will be working before midnight, it will be working in 4 hours etc.) 

Long story short i received 2 routers as first order cancelled then new one raised (just so i could get £50 gift card promotion).  Anyway when i plugged one in,  I ended up with no internet access and a flashing white internet light, plugged the 2nd one in and also had no internet so just left the 1st one connected.  Anyway support worked on this several times  saying it will be up and running but they didn't get it working and passed it out to BT Openreach after two days on the phone.  Anyway i bought and configured a cheap 3rd party router and internet then worked.  Plugged 2nd router back in and then got it provisioned their side and now working.  If i hadn't had this 2nd router or bought a 3rd party one for testing i'd still be sat waiting for BT to attend and not find anything wrong.  Each person i spoke to i mentioned this community post yet non of them took any notice.  I even asked if they wanted to try it with the 2nd router but nope just keep the original one plugged in !!!  Anyone who does not know any different could of been stuck with no internet for days or weeks on end and the fact i had to hold for over two hours on the Saturday without getting through to anyone is hugely annoying.    Anyway if anyone else reads this and has flashing white internet light on their THG3000 then it's a faulty unit and don't let them tell you otherwise, demand a replacement.

Hey, got exactly same issue. I'm on my 6th day now without internet. Had one open reach engineer so far and 4 technical consultation over the phone. I asked last guy on the phone to send me new router but he was adamant that it's not a router's problem. Coming close to the end of cancellation period - might just go back to Now TV, they got same deal and was working perfect before. Wish me luck. 😁

Edvinasdo, hello, had this issue myself and after many many phone calls, being told that it would take 3 days to resolve, constant reboots, being told that the modem had been registerd twice on the network ect ect. When they did get it working the excuse they gave me was that the home telephone number had not been registerd with the the 999 service thats what they told me, it worked fine after that, took a few weeks for it to hit 900 mbs and now connects at 901mb hardwire only as the wireless on the modem they give you is poor oh so poor.

Gettingb0red at least you waited for 900Mbps, I am waiting for a petty 64 Mbps 😂. It's incredible that being in central London and having the previous internet working perfectly fine, now I have to be calling and troubleshooting my broadband for 6 days so far without any progress. I really wanted the guy to send me a new router but he still did not agree to it. I guess will give them a chance until next Monday latest and then say my goodbyes. Suppose I'm just a bit unlucky this time. 😑😣😫

7th day of no internet and counting....😪 Lights flashing like a Xmas tree 😄

I just got off the phone with one of the tech assist, he did not agree to send me a new router but booked another engineer for tomorrow instead. He told me that it's going to be resolved for sure and we both laughed at the same time as I have been hearing the same thing last 7days from different people on the phone and chat 🤣 .  

Will give you an update tomorrow after engineer visit. 👨‍🔧