cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Just had line upgraded from 70 to 500. Now have no connection.

belfastbiker
4: Newbie

Anything else I need to do?  Router flashing red.

EDIT: turns out I now appear to have no broadband on my account, ##~##.

Been online, they asked me nothing about cabling, just said it would work by midnight.

The engineer I'm sure did a fine job outside, but he literally was clueless in terms of cabling from new internal box on wall to router.

He orignally though he had to cnnect the old cable between phone socket and router into the new fibre socket.  

When I pointed out the the old copper socket would surely be defunct now, he described an ethernet cable being required, without actually just saying the word ethernet, and said he didn't have one.  Thenkfully, I did.  Then he said it plugged into port 4, and now, I have my doubts that that's even true.  Does the cable between new fibre internal box go into routers port 4 or WAN port?

22 REPLIES 22

No. Vodafone dropped the ball, again.

Contacted Voda yesterday morning, was told that everything was activated their side, and all I needed to do was to switch the old router for the new router. I spent hours trying to get this working, but still no Internet. Tried different cables, reseating everything, rebooting everything.

so I now have the old router back online. I’ve lost faith in the company entirely. So I’ve currently spent a significant part of my morning to try to cancel, without success

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

.@belfastbiker

They are dragging  their feet until the cooling-off period expires and then they can wallop you with a leaving penalty charge.

Their phone line is open on Saturday, I will stay on the phone for hours if necessary to cancel this.