Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Little question re FTTC to FTTP move

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

I have superfast 100 coming next week (upgrade from superfast 2). I've noticed on the emails my account number is staying the same but will my PPPoE login stay the same too? Asking because I want to use my own router and had a proper runaround when I originally asked for these details. I am already aware of the VLAN ID change. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach

I believe it will, as if you were still using the Vodafone router you would continue to use the same one. (assuming you have the THG3000)

Perhaps you could confirm it for us after you change.

Are you going on to CityFibre or still on Openreach?

You do realise you will lose the phone service if you use your own router.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

Jayach

I believe it will, as if you were still using the Vodafone router you would continue to use the same one. (assuming you have the THG3000)

Perhaps you could confirm it for us after you change.

Are you going on to CityFibre or still on Openreach?

You do realise you will lose the phone service if you use your own router.

Ripshod

I've never actually used the landline since I first moved in here so it's no loss. I have a voip phone with the number registered for 999 services and that's the one I use day-to-day.

It'll be through openreach.

I have the vox3 as a backup to my netgear router so I can test with both and report back here.

Here's to the 28th :Winking_smiley: 

Jayach

@Ripshod wrote:

It'll be through openreach.

The VLAN won't change then, 911 is for CityFibre, Openreach is 101, but I believe the ONT will take care of that.

Hope it goes well.

Ripshod

@Jayach 

This move couldn't have gone better. Quinn's came at 1pm and I'm already online with my Netgear router and about 30 minutes downtime. 

109 down/19.3 up. Happy bunny.

Jayach

It's always nice to hear a success story, all we usually get is doom and gloom. 😉

Ripshod

I came here with my query regardless of the fact that people generally post only when there is a problem. I was well aware and to be honest a lot of the problems can be avoided by being upfront and asking questions beforehand.

CS experience aside it has been a good experience. Thanks to those who responded :Winking_smiley: 

Ripshod

It seems VF have now changed my login. Woke up this morning to an orange Internet light on the netgear router. Plugged the vox3 in and after 3 or 4 minutes that connected fine. I retried the netgear and going through setup the username/pass were rejected. Plugged the vox3 back in and it connected straight away.

To ge round this I've connected the netgear WAN to a vox3 LAN, assigned a static IP to the netgear and used the 'exposed host function' to connect the netgear to the internet. On the netgear I just had to set the WAN to use dhcp with the same fixed IP, set the vox3 as gateway.

The only other change I've made is to setting upload speed to 18Mbit via QoS to get around a high ping when upload. I'm happy to do that for an A+ score on the bufferbloat tests.

And 2 phone lines now :Laughing_Face:

Ripshod

Turns out my PPPoE hadn't changed.

There was a firmware update Friday evening and I didn't notice it messed up the WAN connection giving the login error. After installing a patch I'm up and running again, after spending 3+ hours glued to messenger to check my details.

Not my best moment. 

Ripshod

One final post to close this thread.

Vodafone have now changed my login details, and according to online support this is normal when moving from FTTC to FTTP.

And a twist of Irony. Talking to the tech team via TOBI gave me all the info I needed before I had even started to explain the problem to an agent via Facebook, and that was after the agents had a 20 minute head start. 

Go figure :Laughing_Face: